HVR-1300 + Hauppauge remote problems - fixed (1 Viewer)

Cul8

Portal Member
January 25, 2006
Thanks mPod, Great support!

For some other reasons I need to run V21 Hauppauge drivers, so I tested CVS without updating the drivers...

... and it works!!

Thanks again!

/C

ie

Portal Member
February 6, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
Can you give some details about the solution. I'm currently not using MP as I had this problem when I tested it. Then I found that the problem exist also outside of MP. The workaround was to disable the IR alltogether (using the mouse instead).

/Ingvar

Cul8

Portal Member
January 25, 2006
ie said:
Can you give some details about the solution. I'm currently not using MP as I had this problem when I tested it. Then I found that the problem exist also outside of MP. The workaround was to disable the IR alltogether (using the mouse instead).

/Ingvar

It's working with all CVS after 12 feb. 06. Follow mPod's instructions and install the latest CVS:

mPod said:
Okay, I refactored some code and committed it to CVS.

The HVR-1300 incl. remote is working perfectly here. Pls check if it's fixed for you as well.

If not, pls do the following (and make sure you follow each step exactly, don't install any additional Hauppauge software than the one listed below):

1. Download this: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/downloads/cd/cd-digital-24.zip

2. Extract the zip file.

3. Run hcwclear.exe, it's one of the extracted files.

4. Check "Remove All WinTV Drivers and Applications (Total Removal)

5. Check "Search ALL .INF Files for Conflicting Hardware"

6. Hit OK

7. Restart your PC

8. Windows finds new hardware. Choose "No, not this time" - Hit "Next"

9. Choose "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" - Hit "Next"

10. Choose "Search for driver in these locations" and "Specify the extracted folder"

11. Hit "Search" and navigate to the folder that contains your extracted files.

12. Hit "Next"

13. Repeat 8-12 until windows doesn't find any more new hardware.

14. Start IR32.exe (in the IR32 folder/extracted files) and follow the instructions.

15. To be sure, restart windows.

16. Remove MediaPortal.xml from your MediaPortal folder.

17. Start configuration.exe in your MediaPortal folder.

18. Follow the wizard, enable the Hauppauge remote, check "Extended Logging", but don't change any other options on the remote tab.

19. Start MediaPortal

20. Report your results back...

/C

ie

Portal Member
February 6, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
[quote="Cul8]It's working with all CVS after 12 feb. 06. Follow mPod's instructions and install the latest CVS:
[/quote]
Yes, but I'm interested in the error itself. Was it an Hauppauge driver error or an MP error that was corrected? I want to have the freezing problem solved, also outside of MP, as the same problem occur in WinTV 2000 shipped by Hauppauge.

ie

Portal Member
February 6, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
Installed todays CVS but I get the same PC freeze as before. It just stops working and I have to do power off to restart.

I have runned WinTV2000 successfully for some time now by disabling the IR but when starting MP again (with its support for IR) the problem reoccurs. (Exactly the same type of freeze as in WinTV2000 with IR enabled.)

Cul8

Portal Member
January 25, 2006
Sorry, the “…currently not using…†fooled me and I misunderstood your question.

Btw, WinTV2000 is working here with remote, both with the delivered version 2.1 and latest v2.4.

/C

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom