HVR-1300 + Hauppauge remote problems - fixed (1 Viewer)

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    edit you replyed while i was replying :D

Paper scratcher... you stated that you enabled mce remote and it worked yes?... this therefore implies that you have the 44 button mce remote.

the remote shipped with one version of the hvr1300 is a microsoft remote hence the reason for having to enable mce remote support and disabling the hauppauge support. if it is this particular one then this is why the problem is occuring. if its not then why does it work with the mce remote support switched on...

please understand that we are just info gathering and trying to help. and its like doing a jigsaw with no box to see what it looks like!

Thanks

Steve

paperscratcher

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    5teve said:
    edit you replyed while i was replying :D

Paper scratcher... you stated that you enabled mce remote and it worked yes?... this therefore implies that you have the 44 button mce remote.

the remote shipped with one version of the hvr1300 is a microsoft remote hence the reason for having to enable mce remote support and disabling the hauppauge support. if it is this particular one then this is why the problem is occuring. if its not then why does it work with the mce remote support switched on...

please understand that we are just info gathering and trying to help. and its like doing a jigsaw with no box to see what it looks like!

Thanks

Steve

haha ok :D

I have the 45 button remote
    With MCE enabled, MP does not crash, but I can't move around in MP, just use the CH-button to make the "green bar" visible and then close MP with the Vol-button. I haven't tried to change the button mapping, maybe it's possible..?
    With Hauppauge remote enabled MP crashes at start up, but as long as I don't answer the Microsoft error report, I can set focus on the MP window, making it possible to control MP with the remote, but My TV seems dead, when I enter it.

It's not USB receiver, it's mini-tele or even smaller!

I'm glad I can help, ask how many questions you want! Keep up the good work! :D[/b]

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    ok thankyou for that... completely blows our theories away so we are back to square one!

why couldnt you of bought the mce edition :wink:

Thanks

Steve

paperscratcher

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    5teve said:
    ok thankyou for that... completely blows our theories away so we are back to square one!

why couldnt you of bought the mce edition :wink:

Thanks

Steve

That's the one I've got, I've been playin with you guys all the time... haha jk ;)

I can't stop thinking about what part of the code that makes mp crash. I mean since I'm able to fully control MP if I don't close the "MS error dialog". Shouldn't it crash -before- I can control it?

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    paperscratcher said:
    I can't stop thinking about what part of the code that makes mp crash.
    If we knew that, we'd have the solution. BUT as it doesn't happen to us (only DMAN's got a HVR-1300, but the MCE version), we got no chance to debug it. Or do you wanna send your HTPC in? :wink:

paperscratcher

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    mPod said:
    paperscratcher said:
    I can't stop thinking about what part of the code that makes mp crash.
    If we knew that, we'd have the solution. BUT as it doesn't happen to us (only DMAN's got a HVR-1300, but the MCE version), we got no chance to debug it. Or do you wanna send your HTPC in? :wink:

lol.. I know I know.. but you see my point, to me it either run in to an error making it impossible to control MP with that particular remote or it works.. this is inbetween. If you want any more great theories, don't hesitate to ask! haha.

Cul8

Portal Member
    January 25, 2006
    paperscratcher said:
    I have the 45 button remote
    With MCE enabled, MP does not crash, but I can't move around in MP, just use the CH-button to make the "green bar" visible and then close MP with the Vol-button. I haven't tried to change the button mapping, maybe it's possible..?
    With Hauppauge remote enabled MP crashes at start up, but as long as I don't answer the Microsoft error report, I can set focus on the MP window, making it possible to control MP with the remote, but My TV seems dead, when I enter it.

It's not USB receiver, it's mini-tele or even smaller!

Just to clarify: I have the exact same fault description that paperscratcher.

My hardware is: HVR1300, HCW Remote, IR receiver same that the IR-Blaster: a mini-"mini-tele" connector with 2 cables going to the Reciever and the Transmiting unit.

Pls tell me if you want my error log as well!

/C

Cul8

Portal Member
    January 25, 2006
    furthermore to the above information:

Enable Hauppauge Remote, start MP and do not close the Micro$oft Error report windows then...

Everything is working with remote except that in My TV I have No channel list nor any Channel Groups.

/C

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom