HVR 2200 Hybrid setup and S-Video Sky (1 Viewer)

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey thought you guys might be able to help me out with this one...

Running a HVR 2200 setup with Freeview HD and Sky STB with Scart to S-video output, using my Sky box for all the additional channels and have it IR Blasting and all that lot...

Problem is that MediaPortal treats my S-VHS input as a variable analog input.. Basically, the system does not realize when on a Sky channel, it can not change to another Sky channel...

So if I'm recording CNN for example, the system will let me record Fox News (just an example) but what that will do is change the channel....

I could disable one of the Analog cards but this would limit me to either being able to or not able to record a channel off the sky box while recording Freeview HD...

I have my Hybrids set up correctly, as far as I can tell this is just MP not gettting the fact that the S-VHS input is only one phisical port and not an Antenna that can do Muxing... Thanks Guys..

sk8dude

Portal Member
October 13, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have the same setup and I think the same problem?
Mediaportal can't pick up the svideo input correctly. I some times get a blue screen (when the one of tuners is busy). If Mediaportal checks into the correct analog tuner the picture will appear.

I am interested to know how you got the blasting working? What hardware do you use for the actual blasting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom