HVR-2250 scanning channels causes crash (1 Viewer)

techchad

Portal Member
March 5, 2006
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP 1.7.3.3010
Windows Version: Windows 7 x64 SP1
CPU Type: Intel Q9650 3.0GHz
HDD: 1x Crucial 64GB M4 SSD, 3x Hitachi 2TB, 1x Seagate 250gGB
Memory: OCZ Platinum DDR3 8500
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670
Video Card Driver: 11.11
Sound Card: HTO Claro+
Sound Card AC3: Optical Out
Sound Card Driver: 81773
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-2250
1. TV Card Type: Analog/ATSC
1. TV Card Driver: 7.9.1.29297
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD11
MPEG2 Audio Codec: LAV Audio Decoder
h.264 Video Codec: PDVD11
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Reliance Connects (Rural Cable Co)
HTPC Case: Silverstone LC17-B
Cooling: ASUS V-60 92mm Vapo Bearing CPU Cooler
Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts 750 PSU
Remote: Noah GV-IR05WT MCE Infrared Multimedia Remote
TV: Mitsubishi 65" Rear Projection
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Greetings,

Over the weekend I got a new SSD installed in my HTPC, I reinstalled Win7 x64 SP1 from scratch. Got MePo re-installed & reconfigured. Then when I go to the TVServer to scan channels...things got ugly. I started to scan the Analog channels, BSoD error (not always immediately during my second retry of rescanning the channels I did manage to get 1 of the tuners to scan all the channels before BSoD/Reboot). Latest drivers are loaded from Hauppauge's site, I've reinstalled the drivers & TV Server portion of Mediaportal, same results. I'm not sure which logs would be helpful, but I'll put up whatever anyone suggests.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi techchad

From what you've said it sounds like you used to have no problem until you reinstalled - can you confirm? BSODs suggest hardware or driver problems. Do you have WinTV, and if so have you tried scanning channels there? Also, were you using W7 *64 bit* before, or a different OS or 32 bit version?

As far as logs go:

Log Files - MediaPortal Wiki

Follow the instructions for non-reproducible problems and post the zip file here.

mm

DesertDwarf

Portal Member
    May 16, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had an even later version installed than techchad that was BSODing on channel 14 of the analog scan. I updated to an even newer version and it crashed. So, I tried techchad's version (7.9.1.28162) and it's all the way up to channel 73 as I type this. Kudos to techchad for finding this.

Note: Window's own extractor was giving me an error, so I had to use 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org/).

For reference, the newest driver I tried was 7.9.1.33006 and it, too, crashed on channel 14.

jonathan_gent

September 9, 2015
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    To the people from the past: Thank you, this solved my problem, but the link to the driver didn't work any more, no idea if that site has a temporary or permanent problem.

To the people from the future, if the link to the older driver in one of the posts above still isn't working, you can try the following link: http://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=1745325
    WARNING: their 'downloader' tries to force crapware onto your computer. read every screen carefully, all crapware can be avoided by clicking a very small button or link with the text 'decline'. Use at your own risk if no better alternative is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom