h.264 Video Codec: PDVD8 H.264
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 23.5 and 19.2
HTPC Case: Lian Li
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Microsoft
TV: LG PG6000
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi, I can't switch channels between transponders. I have to stop runing channel and play new channel via guide. Switching channels in one transponder works fine.

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same to me, no direct switching between transponders. That is with beta1 build 23491 30-08-2009, and even worse between hd channels, and popping up CI messages about coded programs and audio, wich is not the case.

Zapping between transponders results in a black screen with no messages , no video and no audio. You have to press stop or "B" and than the green button or "esc" to get the mainscreen back again.

The overall feel of this build is : very bad .:sorry:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Finally!
    The first bugreport i read today where the poster took some time to follow the guideline!!!
    :D for that. :)

So, regarding the reported issue.
    Using floppy and firedtv cards here as well, no problems at all. I am even tuning to the same sat (Astra 19.2°E)
    Can you guy's please try different codecs than PDVD9/ffdshow/AC3filter(omg..)?
    For a test just use MPV and MPA which are shipped with MP.

With the codecs you use i always had issues.

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tryed MPV and MPA, but still no results. The same problem happens on all my clients, and one of them is running the alpha version.

The onscreen display says : no signal. Is it possible that something goes wrong with the disecq commands ? . I am using 3 lnb's and maybe the tunerequest gets a wrong diseqc setting wich would mean that the tv database is somehow not adapted to the beta build.

PetrMan!

Portal Member
    October 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    For me no results, too. I combined PowerDVD Audio, Dscaler audio, ffdshow audio and MPC-MPA Decoder for audio, for video ATI MPEG, PowerDVD9, DScaler, ffdshow and MPC decoders. It was checking by Graphstudio. Last worked svn was 23361 for me - but without HDTV. Petr.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The onscreen display says : no signal. Is it possible that something goes wrong with the disecq commands ? . I am using 3 lnb's and maybe the tunerequest gets a wrong diseqc setting wich would mean that the tv database is somehow not adapted to the beta build.
    If its down to diseqc, then this would explain why i do not face this issue.
    Single LNB system here. :)

This sadly also means that i am unable to test this issue further. :(

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The disecq commands are sent in the right order. So that's working. (btw (offtopic) is it possible to set a disecq command (string) for every lnb ?, it would be than easier to handle uncommitted switches( switches that either stay in position AA or BB ).

I did a rescan but it's not helping.

Here are some more logs. I did start MP tune to NED2 than NED3 than RTL4 (failed because of different transponder (on the same sattelite)) pressed B pressed esc than tuned RTL4 wich than succeeded.

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I found out that zapping between channels at different transponders (even at different sattelites) works when the channels are free to air. That points into the direction of the cam handling. I use an Aston Cam version 2.19 . It always worked for me. I tested with the original Canal Digital cam and that one is not working either.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I found out that zapping between channels at different transponders (even at different sattelites) works when the channels are free to air. That points into the direction of the cam handling. I use an Aston Cam version 2.19 . It always worked for me. I tested with the original Canal Digital cam and that one is not working either.
    odd.
    I do have encrypted channels working here with AlphaCrypt and EasyTV CAM's (in floppy and firedtv's).
    So i am still clueless about what fails on your systems. :confused:

jaobr

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    In revision 23377 in TvCardDVBS.cs the order of SubmitTuneRequest and _conditionalAccess.SendDiseqcCommand is changed. This made the diseqc on my technotrend s2-3200 work only occasionally. Maybe this is causing problem on other cards too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom