I dont get my movie in alphabetical order (1 Viewer)

Cazz

Portal Pro
May 30, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi again
I update this post about my little problem.
What I have see the 0.8.0 is delay, it is ok but I wonder if that is any fix or beta or latest SVN (I dont know what they call) that fix my problem?
I was thinking take a day or two, delete my database and to a new scan and fix some movie that have not been importet but I like to wait so I can see the list in alphabetical order.

poppabk

Portal Pro
August 8, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
If you have only a small number of movies that have 'The' in the title you could manually add the 'the' back into the sort by field in the database through the configuration utility. If it still strips the 'the' after import (don't have a working set-up in front of me to check) you could add 'thea' or something similar to the beginning which would work for 99% of movie collections. Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Cazz

Portal Pro
May 30, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks for you replay but it is alot of move that have The at the begin and even other movie have problem.
I just have to wait and use the movie list that is build inside the MP.

Cazz

Portal Pro
May 30, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Is a very old thread I know but I have to ask

Have I miss something?
I have the latest version of Mediaportal but the movie is not in the alphabetical order?

And another thing, It look like it trying to make alphabetical order with english title but some of my movie have swedish title and it make it all wrong?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
There are many ways to sort your movies, alphabetical by title is only one method. Check the context menu in the GUI.

As for your titles this probably has to do with the import script you are using. I am not sure of your configuration but if you changed scripts at some point you can refresh movie data from online in the Movie Manager in the config.

Cazz

Portal Pro
May 30, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
ok, I have add another skins instead of that is default and now it looks better :)

But what I can see is if the movie title start with "The" it go after the next word first letter?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
By design the title based sorting ignores the leading article if it exists. So words like "the" are ignored. If you don't like this behavior you can disable it. Go to Advanced Settings find the "Remove Title Article" setting and change it to false. Then goto the Movie Manager, select all movies in your collection, click the gear icon, click "Update Sorting" then click "Title".

Cazz

Portal Pro
May 30, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Here again, I have notice that even I have set "Remove Title Article" to false and all that is still add The movies in wrong place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom