I dont get my movie in alphabetical order (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Cazz, does this relate to movies that were imported wrong with Swedish title? MovPic stores the sortby name in the search node, so when IMDb+ corrects the title, a new sortby title is not set by MovPic. Forgot about that 'bug', so will bring it up with one of the developers.

To verify if that is what happened, open MovPic config, switch to "Movie Manager" tab, select a move, and look at the "sortby" field. You can manually correct it there as well.

Cazz

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ahh yes the "sortby" have no THE at the beginning of the title. Thanks :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ahh yes the "sortby" have no THE at the beginning of the title. Thanks :)

That's under advanced settings "Article Removal" where you can control to keep The/A/etc at the beginning, or remove it for sort reasons.

Cazz

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes I did as fforde told me to "Remove Title Article" = false in advanced settings but it is good to know why it was removed.

But I did not look after a "sortby" I just thinking it was going after the title.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The SMS filtering (when enabled) is really easy to locate a movie in those cases. It helps if you have a remote that has the ABC on '2', DEF on '3', etc as it can be difficult to remember otherwise.

Cazz

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ahh ok

Well I have to remember all this because I going to make a clean rescan with new MP and new computer as HTPC.
    I going to have a back end server that is always on that have TV card and that and one front end tiny HTPC to connect to a TV and another one to connect to a projector later.

That why I like to be sure so when I rename all the movie it get right info so I can easy rescan everything and not have to go through to fix any wrong information of my movie.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yup, and that is the benefit of exporting your collection with for example MovPicNFO, so you can do a very fast off-line reimport by placing the XBMC scraper-script in primary position for the initial import. After of course you have verified all the movies got imported correct with the title you want and renamed them with MovPic rename feature :)

Jellax

Portal Member
    April 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi there.

I have scraped my movies with imdb+. All of the movies with "The" in the title also thae The in the sorting name.
    Im not quite sure how to use teh artivle removal tool?
    I want to have The in the show title, I also want to have the movies named with roman numerals (Die Hard III : With a Vengeance)
    I want to remove The in the sorting order.
    What is the correct way to do this, should I set Article removal to False?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi there.
    I have scraped my movies with imdb+. All of the movies with "The" in the title also thae The in the sorting name.
    Im not quite sure how to use teh artivle removal tool?
    I want to have The in the show title, I also want to have the movies named with roman numerals (Die Hard III : With a Vengeance)
    I want to remove The in the sorting order.
    What is the correct way to do this, should I set Article removal to False?

It's a side effect of the way MovPic does article removal on the movies that get renamed via IMDb+ rename dbase system. It is on those that the article removal system fails. It was always my intentions to add an IMDb+ article removal system to compensate for that, but this is part of the 2+ year delay in finding free time to rewrite the IMDb+ plugin.

Will see if I can go over the MovPic bug with the new developer.

A workaround for right now is to copy all the default rename dbase entries to your custom default rename database, so you can name them the way you prefer. You only have to copy the ones you want to "fix", but keep in mind that due to some upgrades the syntax is slightly different now between the default and custom XML files. Try just one first, so it is easier to verify if it works. You can edit the file while you have MovPic config open (use the desktop shortcut), and just click the refresh icon inside "Movie Details" tab.

Once you verified one works, then edit all the movie entries in the XML file, and then you can use the IMDb+ plugin via the hidden menu to refresh/update all the movies from the rename databases (so you do not have to do them one at a time manually).

It's an ugly workaround, but no idea how quick the bug can be fixed in MovPic, or when I will ever find time to work on the IMDb+ plugin again. I might just add a manual method to the IMDb+ scraper-script, so that it is at least functional, but requires manual editing via notepad of the IMDb+ settings XML file.

Keep an eye on main IMDb+ thread, will update either way... just fixed RottenTomatoes so I got the taste again :)

Jellax

Portal Member
    April 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    can I get a better result with another scraper?
    I like how imdb+ sorts movies in correct order and add numerals but the ide of editing an xml files sounds... hard :)
    Editing the sort name manually and remove "the" sounds very time consuming as well.
    What do you recommend as a "best practice"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom