I know how to get the Compro t-200 remote to work with MP! (1 Viewer)

eatmuchpie

Portal Member
August 4, 2005
I've recently bought the compro t-200, and found the software that came with it quite shoddy (the EPG was rubbish), so I looked at MP and was amazed. However, not being able to use my remote with it was fustrating. After searching these forums, I found that it isn't possible unless I buy some more hardware, which i didn't want to do.

I then went searching on the internet for an answer, and found one. I found this programme called HIP (human interface programmer), and also a patch for it that allows for the t-200 remote buttons to be assigned to key-presses! The best thing is that it doesn't cost a penny!

The HIP software and patch can be found at www.byremote.com.au

or if you want the download files directly,:
HIP: http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/HipInstallComplete_1112.EXE
Compro remote interface: http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/Compro2HIP_.zip

Once installed, run HIP and it will appear in the sys tray. rigt click and click on configure. Then click 'file', then 'preferences'. On the new window, select the 'alternate input' tab, then select the 'generic interface' from the list. If you want to add a system-wide command (eg. if you set the play/pause button on the remote to be space bar, then when you press the play/pause' button the space bar is sent to the active application, and not necessarily MP), then click 'add', and follow the instructions.

If you want to make sure that the remote's keypresses are sent only to MP (far more useful), then click OK, then on the main window click on the icon to the right of 'Program 1', and find MP, then click OK. On the main window, make sure that the radio button next to 'Program 1' is selected. Then in the large box beneath all of the programs, click on 'add', and follow the instructions.

If you want a list of keyboard shortcuts, then click here:

http://www.maisenbachers.de/dokuw/controlling

If anyone has any problems, or if you want my configuration file (holds all the shortcut keys I have assigned so far) then feel free to ask.

If this has already been covered somewhere else, then sorry. but i have searched the forums for it and couldn't find it. Also, if this is the wronf forum then sorry, but i'm not quite suer where to put it as this is my first post

sonome

Portal Pro
June 26, 2005
Perth, Australia
HIP is a great program, isn't it! :D I tried every other program under the sun to get my v-stream remote working with MP, with no success. HIP worked a treat!

eatmuchpie

Portal Member
August 4, 2005
This is what I have so far. It is setup to work with winamp and a program I made as well that shuts down the computer, although you probably won't need them. Also, th winamp directory isn't the default one, so if you want to use the winamp part, then just change the directory.

Save this as a .hip file, then double click on it:

[SETUP]
Master=655432
IRMaster=1003
IRGirder=0
IRConfirm=1
IRKeyboard=0
OSDCaps=0
LCD=0
OSDSound=0
Webdings=1
Click=0
VolStep=10
ControlX=1
ControlY=0
ControlAnimate=0
AutoChange=2000
OSDAnimate=255
OSDPosX=2
OSDPosY=0
OSDDur=0
Control=0
OutDevice=0
OutDeviceCnt=2
DeviceMode=2
DeviceKbd=0
Device=99
WAVFile=
Skin=
OSDFontName=Arial
OSDSize=40
OSDCol=255
ControlExclude=
OSDStyle=0
Balloons=0
SecDisplay=0
Seconds=0
HideIcon=0
KbdDelay=1200
Girder=0
GirderPort=10123
GirderHost=127.0.0.1
GirderPassword=girder
Program1=C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe| |C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal||-|-|32|WindowsForms10.Window.8.app3|
Program2=C:\Program Files\Winamp music\winampm.exe|Winamp|C:\Program Files\Winamp music||-|-|32||
Program3=C:\Documents and Settings\eatmuchpie\My Documents\Dark Basic Pro\Remote shutdown\remote shutdown.exe|Remote Shutdown|C:\Documents and Settings\eatmuchpie\My Documents\Dark Basic Pro\Remote shutdown||-|-|32||
[WEBSETUP]
Port=-1
JPGWidth=300
JPGQuality=75
HTML=C:\Program Files\HIP\http\HIPDefault.htm
IP=
[VALUES1]
0|1037=Zoom x
0|1017=next channel (tilt) {F8}
0|1020=Previous channel (tilt) {F7}
0|1007=Next channel (top) {PGUP}
0|1003=Previous channel (top) {PGDN}
0|1013=up {UP}
0|1015=down {DOWN}
0|1012=left {LEFT}
0|1014=right {RIGHT}
0|1018=enter / OK {ENTER}
0|1010=escape {ESC}
0|1001=TV t
0|1036=radio f
0|1011=rewind {F5}
0|1016=Fast forward {F6}
0|1009=play / pause {SPACE}
0|1005=record r
0|1004=guide g
0|1008=Fullscreen @{ENTER}
0|1032=0 0
0|1023=1 1
0|1024=2 2
0|1025=3 3
0|1026=4 4
0|1027=5 5
0|1028=6 6
0|1029=7 7
0|1030=8 8
0|1031=9 9
[VALUES2]
0|1006=Play/pause ^P
0|1035=Next ^F
[VALUES3]
0|1034=cancel c
0|1033=shutdown s

eatmuchpie

Portal Member
August 4, 2005
Try using the method in my first post. If that doesn't work, then it may not be possible to use it with HIP, sorry!

S

scottb721

Do I need to have both HIP and Compro2HIP in the Startup folder ?

When HIP is in the system tray I can't get the main interface to open. If I want to make changes I have to close it via Task Manager then restart it, which brings up the main interface.
Is this how it's done ?

thanks

Xerxes3

October 30, 2005
I have followed the instructions provided above by eatmuchpie but have been unable to get the remote to work with my Compro DVB-T200 card/ MediaPortal.

I notice that when I run InstallCompro2HIP.EXE it shows ‘Compro remote not running’ even when the remote is working perfectly satisfactorily in the back ground with the ComproDTV2.5 software.

I suspect the explanation is that the InstallCompro2Hip software is a bit out of date – it says in the ReadMe that it was tested up to 2.6.1.2 of the software provided by Compro, but that software has now been updated to version 2.6.2.8, see: http://www.comprousa.com/New/en/download.html#T300 , with version 2.6.2.9 in beta at:
http://www.comprousa.com/downloadfiles/ComproDTV2629.exe

Has anyone got HIP working with v 2.6.2.8, and if so, I would be grateful for any tips. I am mainly interested in using the remote control to change the volume and channel while watching TV in MediaPortal.

My HIP configuration file is as follows:

[SETUP]
Master=655432
IRMaster=1003
IRGirder=0
IRConfirm=1
IRKeyboard=0
OSDCaps=0
LCD=0
OSDSound=0
Webdings=1
Click=0
VolStep=10
ControlX=1
ControlY=0
ControlAnimate=0
AutoChange=2000
OSDAnimate=255
OSDPosX=2
OSDPosY=0
OSDDur=0
Control=0
OutDevice=0
OutDeviceCnt=2
DeviceMode=2
DeviceKbd=0
Device=99
WAVFile=
Skin=
OSDFontName=Arial
OSDSize=40
OSDCol=255
ControlExclude=
OSDStyle=0
Balloons=0
SecDisplay=0
Seconds=0
HideIcon=0
KbdDelay=1200
Girder=0
GirderPort=10123
GirderHost=127.0.0.1
GirderPassword=girder
Program1=C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe| |C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal||-|-|32|WindowsForms10.Window.8.app3||0
[WEBSETUP]
Port=-1
JPGWidth=300
JPGQuality=75
HTML=C:\Program Files\HIP\http\HIPDefault.htm
IP=
[VALUES1]
0|1017=Channel Up
0|1020=Channel Down

eatmuchpie

Portal Member
August 4, 2005
sorry for not responding for so long, i've been playing around with linux for a bit!

Well when I updated to the latest version of comprodtv, HIP wouldn't work for me either. I found out that the background program supplied with the new comprodtv wasn't working, so I installed the old version of comprodtv, found this background program file (i think it is in C:/program files/common applications/compro, or something like that), and copied it to desktop.

I then installed the new comprodtv and went back to where i found the background program file , and i renamed the newly created remote program (eg. put a "NEW" at the beginning of the file, so that comprodtv wouldn't use it), and i then copied the remote program from desktop (from the old version of comprodtv) to the directory where it was to begin with.

I can't remember if i had to change the name of the old file so that it is recognised by comprodtv, but i don't use that anyway. HIP should now work.

Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom