[solved] - I need a new motherboard

Discussion in 'Mainboards / CPU / RAM' started by badboyxx, September 7, 2016.

1. badboyxx

badboyxx Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +83 / 9
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    My problem:
    It seems that my motherboard gave up the ghost. Since a while I had a problem that my htpc was shutting down itself or crashed with a bluescreen. Then the htpc rebootet itself or I had to reset it. In the last time the things were getting worse. Often when I startet the htpc I got no hdmi signal. But when it started after many many tries it crashed again. So I wanted to flash the bios. I formatet an usb stick (fat32) and put the bios file into the root and flashed. All went good and I got the message that it was flashed but after a reboot I get always automatically into the flashing utility again. I can't start Windows no more. I removed the bios battery, cleared cmos, disconnected no needed hardware or tried different key combinations but always without success.

Already existing hardware:
    Motherboard: ASUS P8H77-M pro (defect!?!?)
    CPU: Intel i3-3220T
    RAM: 8GB Kingston ValueRAM Kit PC-12800U CL11
    HDD: System: Crucial M4 256 GB / Media: WD10JUCT 1 TB
    PSU: picoPSU-120-WI-25V DC/DC 120W
    Optical drive: Sony OptiArc Slim BluRay
    TV Card: Digital Devices Cine S2 v6 + Cine C/T + Digital Devices CI Modul
    IR-Receiver: Y.A.R.D. 2
    Case: Streacom FC9B
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-521 + Canton Movie 65 CX 5.1 speaker
    TV: Sony KDL-46NX715

The new motherboard should be energy efficient, quiet and a microATX size.
    My system is a Windows 7 64bit with MP1. 60% I'm watching TV (generally HD), 25% watch movies (generally BluRays and HD) and 15% listen music. WiFi or Bluetooth is no must be for me. I'm also using a synology DS214+ server where I have stored my movie and music rips.
    Today I already contacted the ASUS support but got no answer till yet. Nevertheless when they confirm that I need a new motherboard, I will be prepared. I know that my familiy will make me crazy when it takes long to repair the htpc. I hope I didn't forget something.

I'm looking forward for your suggestions.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. badboyxx

badboyxx Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +83 / 9
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Last week I got an answer from Asus support. I should try to unplug the power supply, do a cmos reset and take out the bios battery. Unfortunately it didn't help. But the straight dope was that you can't exclude that the bios chip is defect. I ordered a new one from ebay with the lastet bios version to try it out and installed it and see what happened the pc starts up now. I payed almost 11€ and saved a lot of money. The problems that I had since years seem to be gone as well. This meens that probably the bios chip was defect when I bought the motherboard. Now I am very happy and will continue monitoring. Perhaps this can help someone.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!