Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    General question: why is the LogoManager an MP1 and MP2 plugin, and not a TV engine plugin?
    It's a library and you can use it everywhere you like. There are already possible use cases for "non TV" channel logos, see the respective plugin "WebRadio" here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...est-hilfe-gesucht.118441/page-16#post-1081656. It has also the need to provide channel logos inside MP1 and MP2.
    But it is still possible to use the library inside a TvServer plugin...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    To me it seems like double the work to integrate it in different ways for MP1 and MP2. If XBMC wants to use the TVE they will have to have their own logo solution, or another integration. Doesn't seem the best way from a TVE perspective...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What about the name of the repo / namespace of the libraries, tools, services?
    I would like to have "MediaPortal" included to make the project's origin clear. Probably the namespace would be "MediaPortal.LogoManager".

I will create a new GitHub repo under morpheus_xx for the beginning (because I never created one before and have to test it :))

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To me it seems like double the work to integrate it in different ways for MP1 and MP2. If XBMC wants to use the TVE they will have to have their own logo solution, or another integration. Doesn't seem the best way from a TVE perspective...
    At least for MP2 the distribution of all kind of fanart, banners, posters and also logos is already implemented as UPnP service with an extensible provider structure. The TV logo provider already exists but works only on local filenames. This single part would be replaced by the new library and each client immediately can use it, you simply use a <FanartImageSource> as image source and that's it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm...
    As you know, one of my goals for TVE is that it would go beyond just MP1 and MP2. Logo management seems like a necessary feature for such an "independent" engine, and it seems like an unnecessary feature for a server without TV functions (ie. MP2 server without TVE). That's why it makes sense to me to integrate the logo management with the TVE, and why I don't understand the reason for integrating the logo manager directly with MP2.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hmmm...
    As you know, one of my goals for TVE is that it would go beyond just MP1 and MP2. Logo management seems like a necessary feature for such an "independent" engine, and it seems like an unnecessary feature for a server without TV functions (ie. MP2 server without TVE). That's why it makes sense to me to integrate the logo management with the TVE, and why I don't understand the reason for integrating the logo manager directly with MP2.
    And you don't accept other usage requirements like the mentioned WebRadio that also needs logos and processing?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can't you have a provider for the internal logo mamaher wjich hets its logos from tve?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom