Idea: Port LogoManager into common library and use it inside MP2-Server plugin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Now that the TV features of MP2 and TVE35 are getting more advanced, I think it would be a good time to check what other MP1 features would fit well into MP2.

For the channel logos MP2 already has a plugin available, but it is based on local stored logos. I would like to see the LogoManager plugin features ported into this plugin, to support downloading and processing of the logos.

Another advantage would be to save several Megabytes of plugin content.

If I understood it correctly, the plugin is developed in https://code.google.com/p/mediaportal-russian-logos/source/browse/trunk/? Who is the developer, I've seen @Vasilich supports it?

The "target plugin" could be the SlimTV.Resources plugin of MP2. It integrates into the so called FanArt service as provider, so any client is able to use the central provided logos. The code should be integrated into: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ources/FanartProvider/SlimTvFanartProvider.cs

Who would like to take over this task? I can give assistance, but can't do this alone :)

Edit (offbyone):
    Git Repo for Sources:
    https://github.com/morpheusxx/MediaPortal-LogoManager/
    Website for managing logos:
    http://channellogos.nocrosshair.de
    Webservice Url:
    http://channellogos.nocrosshair.de/ChannelManager.svc

Last edited by a moderator:

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Who is the developer, I've seen @Vasilich supports it?
    yes, @Edalex and me.

I still haven't tried MP2 (as my main usage of MP is TV, and MP2 has some problems with it - i am waiting for TVE35), so - no experience at all in MP2 plugin developing.
    We still have our plugin in beta phase. another idea is to program some kind of web GUI where every user can upload logo images (it then can be probably placed on our (TeamMP) server). So i propose to wait at least until our plugin gets released (planned to happen this year ;)), and then i probably can install MP2 and start to play with developing for it - there your help will be much appreciated, @morpheus_xx

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    I tried MP2 on parent's laptop. But since I have XP on my main system I can't develop antyhing for MP2. It's much bigger problem than lack of WPF and XAML knowings ;)

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you please explain in few words how the LogoManager works?

For MP2 I could think about following use case:
    1. Logo is requested by "channel name" from client
    2. MP2-Server plugin looks up:
      1. Channel name / file name mapping
      2. Existing local file name from cache
      3. Online download of channel "template"
    3. For new requested channels we use the selected style, process the logo once, cache it
    4. We implement a client settings plugin, which allows
      1. Selection of the preferred online repository (i.e. "German")
      2. Selection of the preferred style
    Does the MP1 version more? How are the different sources of logos organized?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Yeah, looks similar.
    After you choose country packs, channel groups and design it will download Logomapping file https://code.google.com/p/deutsches-logo-pack/source/browse/Realase/LogoMapping.xml which stores known connection between channel names and remote logo files. It will check dispayed channel name or channel name from tunning details for matching logo and if it was changed from previous grab or new it will download it. Logo is 200x200 png file with transparent background on this stage. Plugin will apply selected design for all logos and special effects for geeks (glow/outerglow/resizing) and save them according to channel names in tv server and dividing between tv and radio.
    Also it can check if new designs was uploaded to remote repo and take it. And ofc autoapdate logos on a weekly basis.
    Did I miss something?
    Not sure what sources of logos you're talking about. Ideally plugin need 200x200 clean png logos to deal with. It doesn't care how they're stored while mapping file pointing on them.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I looked the first time now into the LogoManager project. It could be a good base to start, I have some ideas how this could work:

From my point of view the current code is too much linked with MP1. I would like to see the code parts in a structure like:
    • Library for handling all online stuff, like selecting package, downloading logos and processing them
    • All MP1 related code should be placed in another assembly, which will use the first one.
    This way we would separate the logic from the presentation layer, which also would allow to use the library inside MP2. What do you think about this proposal? Would you work with me on the refactorings, even if you don't use MP2 yet?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    That's could be done but we're awaiting decisions for moving logos on centralized server which will require changes in online part and our refactoring will be useless in this case.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's could be done but we're awaiting decisions for moving logos on centralized server which will require changes in online part and our refactoring will be useless in this case.
    Are there any news regarding the refactorings? I would like to remove the contained channel logos from MP2 test builds and replace them by online lookups.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom