jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What screen is Full-Screen Music?

Well that is the question... we have full screen viz and the now-playing screen. There are arguments for both being full-screen music

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Nope doesn't work. Actually the entire Sort doesn't work then. Selecting any other Sort in MP doesn't change a thing (it stays on "date" sort).

Display is only the albumthumb + year (listview).

View definiton i have for "Artists" :

artist ------------>Sort = Artist
    track------------->Sort = Year

Yeah this appears to be one of the bugs around label setting.... This is one scenario I had missed so thanks for identifying that one

Have had a play with this and I can get it to work using the name sort. If you change the sort method in view definition from Year to Name and then set the mask for Name to
    Code:
    [%year% - ][%album% - ][%track%. ][%title%]
    It actually does the sort properly but there is a bit too much data

Downside is that if you use any other views that use name sorting they will also change. Also as mentioned by Dadeo it will change what is displayed in a few places to match this mask too

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    6. I've just noticed this but when you enter an album or artist the highlighted option is "go back". Can this be changed to the first album/track (unless there isn't any, which should never happen). This could just be a skin problem though (I'm using Maya)

I'd have to agree it makes sense if you've made a point of going into a folder be it an album or artist list the last thing you want to do is go straight back out again and also it looks aesthetically pleasing in terms of the skin to see some folder art or similar rather than the skins default folder back icon. Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    6. I've just noticed this but when you enter an album or artist the highlighted option is "go back". Can this be changed to the first album/track (unless there isn't any, which should never happen). This could just be a skin problem though (I'm using Maya)

I'd have to agree it makes sense if you've made a point of going into a folder be it an album or artist list the last thing you want to do is go straight back out again and also it looks aesthetically pleasing in terms of the skin to see some folder art or similar rather than the skins default folder back icon. Hope this makes sense.

Such change would make music inconsistent with other view types so in general it is not a good thing.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England

Such change would make music inconsistent with other view types so in general it is not a good thing.

Yes I understand that, perhaps it could be a global change throughout MP although I understand that's not likely to happen now. Perhaps it could be an option in configuration although again at this late stage I understand it's probably not going to happen.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Best way IMHO would be to have a setting in MediaPortal->General for "hide mouse controls" and include the ".." icon in those functions as all remote control/keyboard users won't need it. It's been a VERY long time since I tried using a mouse in MePo, so I don't remember what else would fit into that category. This would have to be a global thing though.

Emph

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    7. Back icons - actually you can remove the '..' item from lists by using
    Code:
    <folderPrefix />
    <folderSuffix />
    on a listcontrol or adding it in references.xml - I turned them off in aMPed ages ago.
    How does this actually work then? I have tried adding these to the listview controls and they don't seem to make a difference. Looking at the code the ".." listitems seem to be added regardless of any switch so confused as to how this works:confused:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Best way IMHO would be to have a setting in MediaPortal->General for "hide mouse controls" and include the ".." icon in those functions as all remote control/keyboard users won't need it. It's been a VERY long time since I tried using a mouse in MePo, so I don't remember what else would fit into that category. This would have to be a global thing though.

Emph
    Probably right but this is a massive change to MP and nowhere near as simple as you might think. If you want to attempt the coding be my guest ;) but the fact that just about every single plugin in MP would need updating means it would be highly unlikely that this would get into MP1.1

Also there are some simple remotes with basically cursor keys and ok so they would still need the ".." to go back. I actually use the ".." to navigate with my remote but I think that is possibly more that I have got used to doing that rather than wanting to...

Gup

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Downside is that if you use any other views that use name sorting they will also change. Also as mentioned by Dadeo it will change what is displayed in a few places to match this mask too

Yup that one works but as you state it also changes any other view. Drills downto that the best option for "sort" needs an overhaul (multiple sort items). Tnx alot for the effort.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom