Identical channel names and WebEPG (1 Viewer)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Evening.

Got a simple question.

Is there any way of grabbing EPG data for two channels that have exactly the same name without renaming the channels?

Example:

I got twice the same channel from two different providers.

Both channels have exactly the same name "National Geographic"

How am i able to associate the correct EPG grabber for each of those channels without renaming the channels?

Cause if i import both of those channels into WebEPG then one of them will overwrite the other one.

Thanx in advance.

P.S. I would like to keep the names intact.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I'm afraid it is currently not possible. However even if it were, how would you identify the two channels in order to map them properly?

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Thanx for the reply.

I'm afraid it is currently not possible. However even if it were, how would you identify the two channels in order to map them properly?

By importing and mapping 1s the group that contains one of the channels and then importing and mapping the group that contains the other channel since under my setup there is no group that contains the same channel name twice.

But i do get your point since not every setup is the same.

Allow me to suggest something for future release maybe? While importing channels WebEPG should add a channel ID tag next to the channel name. This way you can easily find out which channel is the one to map to the correct grabber. Although i am not familiar with the way that EPG is presented on the client side. And i guess it is done again based on the channel name only since on my identical channels i get the same EPG across all my channels although i mapped only one:( If this is the case then client side needs also some work.

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Unfortunately the only channel ID available (other than its name) is the internal ID used in the database. That is a meaningless number that won't help the user differentiate the channels. WebEPG can use that ID to tell each channel from another, but if you delete your channels and rescan the mappings will be lost.

The reason you are getting the same data for both channels is that since WebEPG does the mapping by name and there are two channels with the same name the only reasonable thing to do is fill in the same data for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom