[Action Required] IISExpress 7.5 - URL registration fails / stucks (1 Viewer)

fLaSkin

Portal Member
September 4, 2012
Böhl-Iggelheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello there!

First of all I would like to thank the MPExtended team for such an wonderful idea / solution for external access to our home-theater-libraries.

First of all some information about my system:
Windows 7 SP 1 (64bit)
IISExpress 7.5 (german)
Mediaportal v1.2.3
MPExtended v0.5 (dev)
Lyfesaver74 - jQui Skin
VMWare 8 with 1 shared VM (Windows Server 2008)

To my problem:
After successfull (and fresh) installastions of the services, I tried to open my site (local and external) under its default port (8080 - haven't changed that).
The only thing shown up is an

Service Unavailable
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

I've taken a look into the logs and found something, that seems to be a hint, whats going wrong here - but doesn't lead me to a solution.

Every time I'm restarting the WebMediaPortal service the logs states out, that IIS Express will be started.
You can watch that log-entry for ages, but it seems that there is no chance, that the service could run further and ever register the URL for the application.

When I'm restarting the WebMediaPortal service again, you promptly get further log-entrys showing, that the URLs was registered successfully and everthing else... and the line showing, that I have restarted the service. (exited and started)
Then again, it is stuck at starting IIS Express......

Take a look at the screenshot
(I actually got the configurator crashing when trying to export the logs)
IMG_1723.PNG

No mather if I'm using version 0.4.3 or the 0.5 (dev), the log is still showing up that the service trys to start IIS Express with the specified arguments, until im restarting the WebMediaPortal service and hanging around there again...

I don't know why the hell it gets stuck on starting up and only will show, that the registration could be completed on the same moment of restarting the service?!

I've also shut down the firewall and MSE temporary for purpose of testing.
Also I'm not using WDefender.
That all did not help so far.

Sorry for my explenations, I hope you guys will understand the situation and could give me some hints, where I have to look into..

Kind regards,
fLaSkin

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Are you using the 0.5-dev version from Lyfesaver? In that case, please wait a bit till the final release. It's an almost ancient development version, with countless bugs which already have been fixed.

fLaSkin

Portal Member
    September 4, 2012
    Böhl-Iggelheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Oxan!
    Thanks for your reply.

Year I'm currently using lyfesavers 0.5 dev.
    But I'm getting the same (problem-) situation with the 0.4.3 release..

I hope for an unknown bug that will be fixed (unknowingly) with 0.5

Regards

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom