I'm such a n00b - need help with .bin and other image files (1 Viewer)

Fretbuzz

Portal Member
December 31, 2005
Ok - I have been using the Daemon-Tools route to mount and play image files in Media Portal. My question is: is there a way to play them within the native MP interface - along with correct menus etc.?

Thanks for helping me out!

Fretbuzz

Portal Member
December 31, 2005
Ok - since this topic is not too popular, maybe I should ask:

How do I get cdxa.exe working in Media Portal - does it mount/read images like .bin/.cue?

TIA.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Back to your original question isn't there a tool in MP that will integrate daemon tools and mount images for you?

Fretbuzz

Portal Member
December 31, 2005
Nemulate said:
Back to your original question isn't there a tool in MP that will integrate daemon tools and mount images for you?

Yes, that's what I have been doing - but I want to play them within the native MP interface ..

Fretbuzz

Portal Member
December 31, 2005
FlipGer said:
Hi,

Fretbuzz are you talking about SVCD images? Do they play properly in WMP (with menus, etc.)?

Flip

I can play SVCD's with menus in WMP (I use VLS player actually ..) if extracted from the image file, but I can't play them in Media Portal unless first mounted by Daemon Tools.

Fretbuzz

Portal Member
December 31, 2005
mickb said:
Try downloading vcdgear. It allows you to convert the image file (cue + .bin) to mpg which you can play through MP.

The link is http://www.vcdgear.com

I have used this and it works well and is very fast.

Mick

That's exactly what I want to avoid - I thought there was a way to mount images using cdxa.exe .. am I wrong?

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Fretbuzz said:
Nemulate said:

Yes, that's what I have been doing - but I want to play them within the native MP interface ..
You can. You will still need Deamon tools installed and you will need to confiugure the deamons tools part in the configuration/general.
look here for more information.
In my case (if I remebered correctly) it was usefull to add .bin in the movie extension list, contraire to what the wiki says. Try playing around with that one.
Once working, it will still use Deamon, but you won't see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom