I'm totally lost and would appreciate any help (1 Viewer)

EddieN

Portal Member
January 7, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2
MediaPortal Skin: normal blue (not wide)
Windows Version: XP Home SP2
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 3000+
HDD: WD 200GB 7600RPM
Memory: 1024MB (512 x 2)
Motherboard: Asus K8V-F (Targa Edition)
Motherboard Chipset: VIA VT838 Apollo K8T800
Motherboard Bios: AMI
Video Card: ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB ALL-IN-WONDER
Video Card Driver: 6.12 (latest from ATI.com)
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy
Sound Card AC3: -
Sound Card Driver: -
1. TV Card: TV Tuner on 9800 Pro ALL-IN-WONDER
1. TV Card Type: -
1. TV Card Driver: -
2. TV Card: -
2. TV Card Type: -
2. TV Card Driver: -
3. TV Card: -
3. TV Card Type: -
3. TV Card Driver: -
4. TV Card: -
4. TV Card Type: -
4. TV Card Driver: -
MPEG2 Video Codec: Default installed with MediaPortal
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Default installed with MediaPortal
Satelite/CableTV Provider: -
HTPC Case: -
Cooling: Stock (it works fine)
Power Supply: 380W
Remote: ATI Remote Wonder
TV: -
TV - HTPC Connection: -

I recently found out about MediaPortal and thought it was very interesting since I have been interested in watching TV on my computer but wasn't very fond of ATI's installment of the Media Center. Watching TV works without any effort on ATI's media center, but I am having terrible trouble with MediaPortal. I have spent a good 5-6 hours trying to figure out what to do and how to fix it to make it work, but to no avail. It is very confusing as I am always redirected to different threads which in the end don't help me anyway (they probably do, I just need some guidance).

My main problem is that when I try to start the TV in MediaPortal, I get a big error message saying:

MediaPortal said:
Failed to start TV:

Unable to create graph.

After searching the forums I found a guide instructing me how to add new hardware that isn't supported by MP. I read the guide but already at the second step I got stuck because I only had two BDA options and not three like the picture showed. I have no idea why.

I don't want to make this post any longer so if you're interested in helping a desperate person please do! I would love to have TV on my computer using MediaPortal. I can understand if anything is unclear, so if it really is unclear please post back explaining what you need to know and I will supply it. Screenshots will also be supplied if necessary.

The only thing holding me back from watching TV is that MP cannot create a graph.

Please help!

//Eddie

Genky

January 2, 2007
Same level same problem :-(
I cannot see nothing with Pinnacle PCTV 310e
There is a check list for verify if all is ok ?
I want use this program
Thank you very much for support

EddieN

Portal Member
January 7, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
What happened to 'Support'?

I'm quite disappointed at the level of support in these forums for a problem of this kind. 66 views and 1 reply, and it wasn't even a solution, it was another person saying he has the same problem.

Is there absolutely NO help for this kind of problem? I suspect your amount of users will decrease with problems like these persisting and no solutions or thoughts being brought forth.

It is not my intention to offend anyone but as I am very willing to get this program working It will require serious replies/solutions.

Thanks again for a great program and I hope I can get along with anyone here who could help me.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    if you pay me some money maybe I can help you out pretty fast - only kidding, but stop moaning MediaPortal It's a free open source program & all ppl around here are doing this on their free time & doesn't get paid ;)

1. is you TV tuner supported in MediaPortal (check here) (if it's not there are things you can do)?

2. you should post in TV Engine 2 support located here (ok I moved it here now, maybe more ppl see it & can help out).

Regards
    Roy

EddieN

Portal Member
    January 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    "Add a card" problem

I appreciate your humor in response to my slightly frustrated post, and I am very happy to see someone (a portal tester!) reply so fast :) Many thanks.

I have now checked if my card is natively supported but I have not found it in any lists (I have a ATI radeon 9800 Pro 128mb all-in-wonder).

There is a "How to add a card" link: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Add_TVCard_to_natively_supported_list

However as I mentioned in my first post I get stuck on Step 3 in the guide because I do not have a Capture Filter under the BDA Receiver Components. I do not know why i don't have it and I followed steps 1 and 2 very meticulously. I am sure I did everything right before moving onto step 3.

Any ideas?

Thanks for a great freeware and open source program :) Keep up the good work!

*edit* oh, and sorry for posting in the wrong thread. I guessed "General Support" really meant support over the whole program. I didn't know the program ran under the My TV 2 Engine until about 5 minutes ago. Thanks for moving it :)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    theres a ATIAll-In-Wonder9600 listed here, is it something like your's (i don't know much about your type of card) & read all the text below on the page.

Regards
    Roy

EddieN

Portal Member
    January 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ATI MMC upgrade

There seems to be some very convincing hope in the link you posted :)

adsl-69-230-176-89 said:
    Followed instructions above using latest ATI drivers as of 12/30/06 for an AIW 9800 Pro.

I also had to change the sourcepin from 4 to 3.
    Exact line:
    Within the capture card "ATI All-in-Wonder X Series (Analogue)" . . . ntativrv01 section.

sourcepin="4" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0">

Changed to

sourcepin="3" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0">

And autotune is working. . .

According to the instructions you need the ATI MMC 9.13, but I only own ATI MMC 8.17. Is there any upgrades available? I was unable to find anything on ATI's website. I have the latest drivers for the graphics card.

What worries me now is that I remember changing some sourcepin numbers in the ntativrv01 section from 4 to 3, but it didn't work since I still got errors which I at this moment cannot recall, however I did not have ATI MMC installed to 9.13 so that was probably the problem.

All I need now is an upgrade/install to ATI MMC 9.13 from 8.17 :) Any links?

Thanks for the support :) Seems like I underestimated it!

EddieN

Portal Member
    January 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    MMC compatibility

Thank you for the search, but I currently have the latest drivers for my graphics card. Downloading that catalyst software would downgrade my graphics card drivers and I would not like to do that. After further searching on ATI's website I found ATI MMC 9.16 as a standalone installer (not included in any catalyst software). Is it possible to download the MMC I found or am i intended specifically to use MMC 9.13?

Regards
    Eddie

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Ehh you can unzip that download ( I always do that, never run auto install ;) ) & use only parts of it, but if you have found another one then try & use the method describe in wiki & test if it works.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom