I'm totally lost and would appreciate any help (1 Viewer)

Paul S

Portal Pro
May 14, 2006
Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
There are several threads on the AIW series of cards, and they are "stickied" to make them easy to find.
Also, your card may be commented out, in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file. I think more thread searching is in your future. :)

EddieN

Portal Member
January 7, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I decided to download and install the MMC i found on ATI's website (v 9.16) and followed the instructions i found in the other link you posted (by changing the sourcepins) but I still get the "unable to create graph" error. I still do not have the "BDA Capture" option in GraphEdit when trying to add my new hardware.

Help!

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    You don't have BDA when using a software analog card, you have to follow this guide, also do as Paul S says do a search on the forum.

Regards
    Roy

EddieN

Portal Member
    January 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'll point you in the right direction. Some of the threads are in this section:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

I think i'm heading on the right track now. My card is apparently a software encoder so i clicked on the corresponding thread in the stickies list: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=5274

From there I got a tip to go into yet another thread on how to get my H/W support:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=1573

The previous thread about the software encoders told me to follow point 2 in the H/W thread, which brings me to yet another set of questions (please bare with me):

How do i find the filters for my TV card in GraphEdit?
    How do I know what filters apply to my TV card in GraphEdit?
    Where do I find the encoders I need according to the H/W thread?

If you're still sticking around with this thread and trying to help, I should give you a prize in patience.

Many thanks!

Paul S

Portal Pro
    May 14, 2006
    Franklin, WI (Milwaukee)
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    How do i find the filters for my TV card in GraphEdit?

There is no easy way, a manual search is necessary.
    How do I know what filters apply to my TV card in GraphEdit?
    Look at other cards to see which filters they use and look for similar filters with your card/filter name in it.
    Where do I find the encoders I need according to the H/W thread?

If your looking for the ATI Media Center Video & Audio encoders, They can be extracted from MMC version 9.13. After it uncompresses to a folder, the encoders can be extracted. I'll give more details when you get that far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom