IMDb.com scraper v1.4.7 (FIXES: Bunch of stuff :o) (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb.com scraper v1.4.4 (FIXES: Score/Rating + Exact Title + Writers)

Great work again RoChess. As you know, Im really pleased with the Rotten Tomatoes scroing on the other thread- but the short summary is something I'd also prefer. So I just had a thought- how easy would it be to make a configurable scraper app? So in my head Ive got a small app (runs independent of imdb) with options that change what is scraped (ie use long / short summary; use imdb / RT score; append RT scores after summary; etc). Im sure there are more- but these are the 3 that immediately spring to mind. This app would then generate the xml code that can be used to generate the actual scrape used.

Just a thought mind and I guess you've already got enough on your plate...

I've kinda caused a problem with my fast fix releases, so I need to let the main developers think about it for a bit. It doesn't help that LFark01 is on vacation right now (lucky guy), as he normally deals the most with this. Right now the situation is happening in which Moving Pictures Beta2 contains IMDb scraper v1.3.3, and would jump to Beta3 with IMDb scaper v1.4.4 and that just doesn't make much sense from a developing point of view.

I think in the end, the scapers need to become seperate from the MovingPictures plugin releases, because those internet movie database websites constantly adjust their codes. Then the user can go into their Moving Pictures configuration screen and hit "update" (perhaps a once a week auto-check), and the plugin will obtain all the new scraper releases from the Google SVN Scraper folder (and perhaps a seperate location for the non-standard scrapers, such as this RottenTomato one). MediaPortal uses something like that for the MyVideos scrapers, as it allows scraper updates. I'll bring that up with the developers, see what they think.

But now that the IMDb scraper works again, I'll resume my work on the RottenTomato ones, and integrate all the changes. And I'll make multiple versions (Long/Short with TomatoMeter/Average, etc), because really it doesn't take much time due to the tools I got (WinMerge and such).

So check back later today or tomorrow and I'll have those done. Right now I'm going to actually enjoy my HTPC from a user perspective :D

Surferosa

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2009
    Home Country
    England England

So check back later today or tomorrow and I'll have those done. Right now I'm going to actually enjoy my HTPC from a user perspective :D

What you're actually going to use YOUR htpc rather than fixing other people's???? How selfish :mad: :mad:

Seriously though- no worries, completely understand. Enjoy and :D again...

PS.. can I order short summaries with critic reviews appended at bottom with RT scores.. when you get round to it obviously :)

Ronner

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Is there a reason why the score is store as round (or fixed) numbers? Is it because the database can not store them or simply because the graphical stars rely on rounded numbers?

A score of 7.5 simply is not a movie that scored 8 ;-)

I for one would rather see the actual score including decimals in the database (I'm using it for a web front end for myself)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Is there a reason why the score is store as round (or fixed) numbers? Is it because the database can not store them or simply because the graphical stars rely on rounded numbers?

I for one would rather see the actual score including decimals in the database (I'm using it for a web front end for myself)

It should do that, and I just verified it still does.

Test file "Sherlock Holmes [2009].avi" which is a 0-byte file, gets added for me with a 7.7 score just fine.

Ronner

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

It should do that, and I just verified it still does.

Test file "Sherlock Holmes [2009].avi" which is a 0-byte file, gets added for me with a 7.7 score just fine.

All my movies (about 350+) have a rounded score. I started using the 1.4.4 scraper because since I noticed the last movies I added had a score of 0 and I rescanned those movies, and still got rounded numbers back.

I'm coded a web frontend that queries the movingpictures database directly and in the database the scores are rounded as well.

Anyone with a clue why this is happening?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

All my movies (about 350+) have a rounded score. I started using the 1.4.4 scraper because since I noticed the last movies I added had a score of 0 and I rescanned those movies, and still got rounded numbers back.

Provide me with a movingpictures.log file that has MediaPortal in debug mode, and scraper debug mode activated inside the MovingPictures plugin. Then I can actually see why it is failing for you, because it works without a problem for me.

Ronner

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Attached is the movingpictures.log in a rar file. I've looked at it briefly myself and found that the INSERT sql statement inserts a score of 6 when the actual imdb score is 6.4 (the movie Saw VI)

Haven't look at the rest of the log why it results in 6 instead of 6.4 since my GF is pressing me to go cook :)

Curious what it could be. (oh and nevermind the other crap it's trying to import. Those are mostly shows of dutch standup comedians)

Attachments

• movingpictures.rar
      30.6 KB

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

You'll need to install the 1.0 Beta of Moving Pictures to get non-rounded scores.

Ronner

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

You'll need to install the 1.0 Beta of Moving Pictures to get non-rounded scores.

hmmmyeaaah.. I thought so since I ran across an issue on googlecode where it said something about rounding issues and that it was fixed for 1.0.

What surprises am I going to run into when I move from 0.7.5 to 1.0 beta, because if things change too much the woman in the house will go ape ;-)

I guess I can simply make a backup of the moving pictures db and when 1.0 beta isn't suited or anything I can just move back, right?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

So far I see the following obvious already: Your moviemeter.nl scraper v1.1.0 that is still parsed doesn't use FLOAT, so score results are rounded to INT. Same with allocine.fr v1.1.1 and mymovies.it v0.2.3. So from those 3 scrapers you will always get rounded results. And for some reason IMDb scraper v1.1.6 is still getting loaded on your box.

But aside all that, I don't see a problem.

File = "Saw 6.mkv"
    Search Match = "Saw VI (2009)"
    13-Jan-2010 18:45:09 Debug [ ScraperNode]: Assigned variable: movie.score = 6.4

That last line means the scraper successfully assigned a score of "6.4" into database.

So make me a screenshot of MovingPictures configuration then on the Movie Details overview on Saw IV, because if that doesn't show 6.4, then you got something horribly wrong. But if you are getting rounded results and the scraper used on those movies is the Dutch, French or Italian scraper, then it makes sense, because their scraper code forces round numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom