IMDb.com scraper v1.4.7 (FIXES: Bunch of stuff :o) (1 Viewer)

Ronner

Portal Pro
July 10, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: IMDb.com scraper v1.4.4 (FIXES: Score/Rating + Exact Title + Writers)

So far I see the following obvious already: Your moviemeter.nl scraper v1.1.0 that is still parsed doesn't use FLOAT, so score results are rounded to INT. Same with allocine.fr v1.1.1 and mymovies.it v0.2.3. So from those 3 scrapers you will always get rounded results. And for some reason IMDb scraper v1.1.6 is still getting loaded on your box.

But aside all that, I don't see a problem.

File = "Saw 6.mkv"
Search Match = "Saw VI (2009)"
13-Jan-2010 18:45:09 Debug [ ScraperNode]: Assigned variable: movie.score = 6.4

That last line means the scraper successfully assigned a score of "6.4" into database.

So make me a screenshot of MovingPictures configuration then on the Movie Details overview on Saw IV, because if that doesn't show 6.4, then you got something horribly wrong. But if you are getting rounded results and the scraper used on those movies is the Dutch, French or Italian scraper, then it makes sense, because their scraper code forces round numbers.

Eventhough the last line says the scraper assigned the value of 6.4 to the variable movie.score, it certainly inserts 6 if you look at the SQL queries further down in the log file. The database itself also certainly has the value of 6.0 (the column is of type real / float)

The only scrapers that I have enabled are IMDB 1.4.4 and moviemeter.nl (dutch) so I have no clue why moving pictures is still initializing and parsing them, but that doesn't even matter much because the guy before you posted that this is a problem in version 0.7.5 (and possibly before). It's supposed to be fixed in moving pictures 1.0.

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England

I guess I can simply make a backup of the moving pictures db and when 1.0 beta isn't suited or anything I can just move back, right?

Exactly! I was just as wary as you especially as StreamedMP says you need MediaPortal 1.1 for their skin files to work, I'm still on 1.0.2.

But I can tell you that it is rock solid. The major change is filtering, when you first enter the plugin you pick a filter category (All Movies, Unwatched, Genre, Year etc. etc.) - though you can turn this off in config.

Just backup your current movingpictures.dll in plugins folder and backup the movingpictures database file. Then if you don't get along with 1.0 you can always roll back with no harm done.

I even found that you can use StreamedMP xmls (if you use it) with 1.0.2, you just don't get MediaInfo logos.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

The only scrapers that I have enabled are IMDB 1.4.4 and moviemeter.nl (dutch) so I have no clue why moving pictures is still initializing and parsing them, but that doesn't even matter much because the guy before you posted that this is a problem in version 0.7.5 (and possibly before). It's supposed to be fixed in moving pictures 1.0.

Moving Pictures v1.0.1001 (Beta 2) has been very stable for me, and supports a lot of the things that I need, so it didn't even cross my mind that a lot of users are still on v0.7.5.

I jumped straight to the movie.score code in your log file and totally overlooked the "Moving Pictures (0.7.5:681)" reference at the top :oops:

As for backup, you might wanna take the safe approach and make a backup of your entire "Program Files" and "ProgramData" folders regarding Team MediaPortal.

Ronner

Portal Pro
    July 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I went ahead and installed moving pictures 1.0 beta 2 and the score problem is indeed solved in that.

The next problem I have now is that the categories in MovPic 1.0 are not supported by my skin (indigo 2.8), so I went ahead and installed indigo 3.2 and I was suprised, and sadfully disappointed. I do not like the new indigo at all, so I want to move back to the previous version where it still had the nice stylish darker blue colors and slightly different layout.

Do you guys know if there is a version of indigo that still has the darker blue colors and same layout that does support movpic 1.0 and it's categories? (I also have a question posted about this in the monochrome threads)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

RADPi

Portal Member
    March 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Argentina Argentina
    Re: IMDb.es

Hi:

Some time ago, the new portal IMDb.es began to work. It has the same design that IMDb, when you look for a movie with your original name in English, this one it brings with his your title in Spanish, for example:

When I search "4 Rise of the Silver Surfer" in IMDb.com it showed me the mentioned film on 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)

Now, when I did the same search in IMDb.ES, it showed me "Los 4 fantásticos y silver surfer" in Los 4 fantásticos y silver surfer (2007)

Note that the two links (except .com instead .es) and the codes (tt...) are identical.

Considering this, it would be very difficult to develop a scraper to take all this information in spanish, since they do it of IMDb.

:D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb.es

Considering this, it would be very difficult to develop a scraper to take all this information in spanish, since they do it of IMDb.

I've already worked on a Spanish scraper: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...com-imdb-es-bonus-get-fanarts-v1-0-1-a-75348/

From what I gather, Spanish users prefered that one.

It wouldn't be hard to make a full IMDb.es scraper either. And that is because the AKAs IMDb search is used.

Example:
    Code:
    http://akas.imdb.es/find?s=tt;q=4+Rise+of+the+Silver+Surfer

Which for me leads to the English titled page on imdb.es @ 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) (h**p://akas.imdb.es/title/tt0486576/) and this one is different the Spanish titled page you end up with @ Los 4 fantásticos y silver surfer (2007) (h**p://www.imdb.es/title/tt0486576/)

That last link would of course be used by the scraper to get the Spanish information, but the AKAs search is used to match your English filename to the right IMDb ID for auto-approval reasons.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: IMDb.com scraper v1.4.0 (FIXES: Score/Rating + Exact Title)

hi RoChess ! thank you for the update ..
    can i ask you how can i change the scraper to get the surt summry ?
    as i know IMDB they have long summry and surt summry (not tag line )

thank's,

Attached is a custom version that will do that.

WARNING: This version will replace the default IMDb scraper and only use the short summary. The following attachment is only meant for ysmp, do *NOT* use it unless you understand what the implications are.

hi RoChess !
    can you update "The Short Summary" version you mack for me to the new version v1.4.5 (with short summary) ?
    Thank you ...

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb.com scraper v1.4.0 (FIXES: Score/Rating + Exact Title)

hi RoChess !
    can you update "The Short Summary" version you mack for me to the new version v1.4.5 (with short summary) ?
    Thank you ...

Done.

I've made it a seperate ID, so more people can use it easier. Disable the imdb.com scraper.

Attachments

• IMDb v1.4.5 (Short Summary).xml
      30.7 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom