IMDb English Title Scraper (1 Viewer)

ronysrei

Portal Member
May 15, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Is it possible to check if the variable name is null then get the file or folder name?

I solved the problem putting these three lines at the bottom:
<if test="${movie.title}=$(movie.title)">
<set name="movie.title" value="${title_year[0][0]:htmldecode}"/>
<set name="movie.sortby" value="${title_year[0][0]:htmldecode}"/>
</if>

I dont know it that's a stupid solution or not... But it worked!

strumpus

Portal Member
April 9, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Sorry, but I'm still learning as far as MP goes... how do I install this add-on? Do I just drop the xml file in a particular folder, or do I need to add the information to an existing xml file?

I tried dropping the file in the StremedMP folder and in the Team Media Portal/Media Portal folder, but it didn't seem to work.

Thanks!

ronysrei

Portal Member
May 15, 2009
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
You should open Media Portal Configuration, Plugins, Moving Pictures.... Then go to Movie Data Sources and ADD the new XML.... Then move it to the top.

strumpus

Portal Member
April 9, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Thank you.

I didn't see that box initially because it was cut off on my screen (perhaps because I use 1680x1050 desktop res with larger font sizes). I had to Tab down to it to activate it once I knew it was there, and it's selected now.

Cheers! :)

GazpachoKing

Portal Pro
February 8, 2006
Is there, by any chance, a way to get the English title if the Brazil (Portuquese) title is not available?

If not available, Moving Pictures is showing $(movie.title).

I appreciate it,

Ron

Hmm, that is what it should already do.. $(movie.title) is the variable name for the title of the movie, it should be replaced with the actual title. Not sure why it's not doing that.

Doh, that's what it should do if I hadn't screwed it up. I accidentally used parens instead of curly braces. I uploaded a new version to the first post to fix it. ronysrei, if you want to fix it in your version, change the line:
<set name="altname" value="$(movie.title)"/>
to:
<set name="altname" value="${movie.title}"/>

BigBear

Portal Pro
February 13, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi guys,
i got some problems with the scraper... its the first one in my list.
all my -mostly asian- movies have the international title as filename.

The scraper identifies most of the movies, but only shows the original title... i dont know. i tried the ofdb.de version and there i get the german names.

so i dont know. does anyone have any ideas? i tested both versions from page one.

thanks for your help!

awatrin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi GazpachoKing, the original scrapper in Moving Pictures was changed, to correctly pull actor, writer, and director details. What changes do we have to do in your grabber?

Thanks

pgjensen

Portal Pro
    May 1, 2008
    Here is a version I fixed from scratch using the latest 1.3.1 xml. This will pull the USA names as top priority. Then it will take the International English Title or UK title if no hard USA match. It will skip alternative|working|literal|complete to avoid getting some weird names for movies.

This one also will not remove articles from the movie name, only from the sortby name.

Attachments

• IMDbEnglishTitle.xml
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom