IMDB+ issue (1 Viewer)

fredco

Portal Pro
November 13, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have two systems with the exact same installation: MP 1.12.0, Moving Pictures with IMDB+ both latest versions. I live in the Netherlands, but want all my movie-info in English. The Moving Pictures settings and those of IMDB+ are the same. I don't want any foreign functionality.
Strange result: one system does exactly as expected; all info is in English. The other system however is also all English, EXCEPT for the SUMMARY, which is in Dutch! All other info like genres is in English, but not the summary. I've been fiddling with the IMDB+ settings and am able to get another language (for instance Swedish) for ALL info, but just no English for the summary.
Is there a setting I am overlooking?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Look in the IMDb+ folder, there is an XML in there with the settings, are they identical?

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for your reply, RoChess.
    The only difference was the first line: <set id="01" name="global_options_original_title" value="false" />.
    In the sytem working correctly, the value was "false", in the other one 'true". I've changed that value to "false", so now the two are identical. But the result is still the same: SUMMARY only in Dutch, all others like Tagline, Genres, Plot Keywords are in English.
    By the way: not ALL movies have this issue. Just 30-50% of them I estimate.

fredco

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Some additional info: I found that the Dutch content comes from moviemeter.nl.
    Found another strange error though: 101 Dalmatians (1961) is scraped right with year and all other info, EXECPT for the summary which is not only in Dutch, but also from the wrong movie: 101 Dalmatiërs (1996).

yossis

Portal Member
    September 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I have the same issue with Hebrew. All my fields are in English, except for the Summary which is in Hebrew.
    Here is the content of my Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml file:

XML:
    <imdbplus>
      <set id="01" name="global_options_original_title" value="false" />
      <set id="02" name="global_options_foreign_title" value="false" />
      <set id="03" name="global_options_foreign_first" value="false" />
      <set id="04" name="global_options_uk_rating" value="false" />
      <set id="05" name="global_options_imdb_score" value="true" />
      <set id="06" name="global_options_imdb_metascore" value="false" />
      <set id="07" name="global_options_long_summary" value="false" />
      <set id="08" name="global_options_rotten_meter" value="false" />
      <set id="09" name="global_options_rotten_average" value="false" />
      <set id="10" name="global_options_rotten_top_critics" value="false" />
      <set id="11" name="global_options_special_edition" value="true" />
      <set id="12" name="global_options_rename_titles" value="true" />
      <set id="13" name="global_options_single_score" value="true" />
      <set id="14" name="global_options_min_imdb_votes" value="false" />
      <set id="15" name="global_options_refresh_all_fields" value="true" />
      <set id="16" name="global_options_one_writer_director" value="false" />
      <set id="17" name="global_options_remove_first_roman" value="false" />
      <set id="18" name="global_options_fix_missing_summary" value="false" />
      <set id="19" name="global_options_debug_imdb_sources" value="false" />
      <set id="94" name="global_options_english_movie_rating" value="01" />
      <set id="95" name="global_options_secondary_en_title" value="false" />
      <set id="96" name="global_options_secondary_summary" value="true" />
      <set id="97" name="global_options_secondary_details" value="01" />
      <set id="98" name="global_options_country_filter" value="us|ca|gb|ie|au|nz" />
      <set id="99" name="global_options_language_filter" value="en" />
    </imdbplus>

This is what I see in the MediaPortal log file:

19-Mar-2016 00:51:23 Info [ MovieImporter]: User reprocessing Black.Mass.2015.mkv
    19-Mar-2016 00:51:23 Info [ NfoBuilder]: Parsing NFO file: G:\Movies\Black Mass (2015)\Black.Mass.2015.nfo
    19-Mar-2016 00:51:31 Info [ MovieImporter]: Auto-approved Black.Mass.2015.mkv as "Black Mass" (2015)
    19-Mar-2016 00:51:31 Info [ MovieImporter]: Retrieving details for "Black Mass"
    19-Mar-2016 00:51:31 Warn [ ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper Notice: No XML file found for options, default values are used
    19-Mar-2016 00:51:33 Error [ WebGrabber]: Connection failed: URL=http://www.rottentomatoes.com/alias?type=imdbid&s=1355683, Status=NotFound, Description=Not Found.
    19-Mar-2016 00:51:40 Info [ FileBasedResource]: Added resized cover art for "Black Mass" from: http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/AcvhaLpE3vyVDU9JCI42hQDyl1.jpg
    19-Mar-2016 00:51:40 Info [ DBMovieInfo]: Added backdrop for 'Black Mass' from: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\MovingPictures\Backdrops\FullSize\{Black.Mass-2015} [-2005898131].jpg
    19-Mar-2016 00:51:41 Info [ MovieImporter]: Retrieving media information for: Black Mass
    19-Mar-2016 00:51:41 Info [ MovieImporter]: Added "Black Mass" (2015).

So few warning here, including line about the fact that it cannot find the config file. Does anyone know how to solve this?

yossis

Portal Member
    September 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thanks. I changed the file according to the instruction, but I don't see any additional debug messages in movingpictures.log.
    This message looks suspicious to me:
    Code:
    30-Mar-2016 20:32:45  Warn [         ScraperNode]: IMDb+ Scraper Notice: No XML file found for options, default values are used

I do have 3 config files under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\IMDb+:
    1. Options IMDb+ Scraper.xml
    2. Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper (Custom).xml
    3. Rename dBase IMDb+ Scraper.xml
    Why can't it find the config file?[DOUBLEPOST=1459359618][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW, when I change the region settings to English (US) it works as expected.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @yossis, that sounds like a `locale` issue, but I would need those detailed scraper-script debug results from movingpictures.log to figure out a solution.

yossis

Portal Member
    September 19, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    As I mentioned, the debug settings doesn't seem to work. I followed all the steps to enable it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @yossis, the two debug options are MediaPortal and Moving-Pictures related, so you might have a borked MediaPortal installation and should consider starting over from scratch with a clean installation. Without proper log files I can not help, as it is akin to asking your car mechanic to fix your broken car without providing them with the actual car to work on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom