IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.7 | Page 16

Discussion in 'Moving Pictures' started by RoChess, February 23, 2011.

?

Should this be the default imdb scraper?

Poll closed March 25, 2011.
  1. Yes, I do not want to re-import

19 vote(s)
    95.0%
  2. No, keep this one seperate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Who cares, I got movies to watch

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. vpupkin

vpupkin Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Not quite a bug, but some unintuitive rename here:

Dong kai ji (IMDb - Dong kai ji (1975))

is being picked as "7 Soldiers of Kung Fu" - which corresponds to "USA (dubbed version)", instead of more common name "All Men Are Brothers", of "Australia / Hong Kong (English title) / USA (imdb display title)".

Is this expected behavior? Not a big deal, as now I can add custom renames if necessary, but still...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

RoChess Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 2
    There is a lot of inconsistency at imdb.com on what the correct English title is, because they refer to it in many ways. But I'll work on an extra adjustment that will preference the "USA (imdb display title)" over anything else.

Don't forget to look at the new thread for the v3.2.x version as per my signature link. I'm working on a plugin as well to adjust all the options on the fly in realtime. Still dealing with a few small issues, but it is progressing.

4. vpupkin

vpupkin Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Eh, posted in the old thread - sorry (I'm using 3.2.3 already).

Awesome job RoChess, the scraper can be set up exactly the way I want it to behave - and with custom renames I can even easily group sequels / collections the way I see fit (a glaring omission in MovingPictures). Again, big thank you! :D

5. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

kiwijunglist Super Moderator

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,846 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    If were using follwit , can we just add scraper + reimport. What is the best way of re updating my movie collection to take advantage of this scraper?

6. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,846 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    ^ never mind, i see you got a fancy new MPIE version, that does everything for you. I didn't actually notice you had this, maybe you can add a note to your initial post.

7. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 2
    I had already adjusted first post to point to new thread and Google code location and removed the download/attachment of the old non-MPEI way.

Did I forget to remove a reference somewhere?

I just left the thread intact, incase somebody did a search inside MovPic thread on items discussed in here and not realizing there is a seperate IMDb+ plugin that can help them out. But you obviously were confused somewhere, so let me know what corrections you would prefer, so I can make it easier for the next person who runs into the same problem.

8. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,846 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    I guess I thought it was the latest version to download rather than a link to a new thread with a completely reworked MPEI package that did everything for you. Got caught up reading the relatively complicated installation method. Not sure if anything can be changed to help noobs like me :D

9. RoChess
    • Premium Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,683 / 2
    No that makes sense. I'll edit the first post to just 'collapse' aka hide the post content, so all that a user normally sees is the link to new thread.

10. kiwijunglist
    • Team MediaPortal

Doctor
    Ratings:
    +1,846 / 9
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Show System Specs
    ^ good idea. rather than new version here. Maybe write scraper script no longer supported, Replaced with IMDB+ Scraper Plugin (for Moving Pictures). I think you need moving pictures in there, because when I first read the thread I thought it was IMDB scraper for My Videos.

Last edited: June 24, 2012

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!