IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.7 (1 Viewer)

Should this be the default imdb scraper?

• Yes, I do not want to re-import

Votes: 19 95.0%
  • No, keep this one seperate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares, I got movies to watch

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Y2Stu

July 5, 2011
Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.6

woop thank you, its worked, silly me :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.6

I'm working on v3.2.0 right now that will support an XML file in the (C) root folder to retain any non-default global_options on script updates, or adjust them on the fly without the need to reimport the scraper script. After fixing the imdb.com rating on the last revision I got frustrated on having to constantly edit the scraper and re-import to try different combinations with the global_options.

It already works for me, but I'm still testing it more.

Is this something other users would like as well, or should I keep things the way they are and wait for Issue #319 to be completed?

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

I added a legendary finnish movie series "Uuno Turhapuro". Can you add these to the default xml?

Code:
    	<rename id="tt0070860" title="Uuno Turhapuro I" />
    	<rename id="tt0073581" title="Uuno Turhapuro II: Professori Uuno D.G. Turhapuro" />
    	<rename id="tt0074818" title="Uuno Turhapuro III: Lottovoittaja UKK Turhapuro" />
    	<rename id="tt0076170" title="Uuno Turhapuro IV: Häpy Endkö? Eli Kuinka Uuno Turhapuro Sai Niin Kauniin Ja Rikkaan Vaimon" />
    	<rename id="tt0078143" title="Uuno Turhapuro V: Rautakauppias Uuno Turhapuro - Presidentin Vävy" />
    	<rename id="tt0083268" title="Uuno Turhapuro VI: Uuno Turhapuron Aviokriisi" />
    	<rename id="tt0084845" title="Uuno Turhapuro VII: Uuno Turhapuro Menettää Muistinsa" />
    	<rename id="tt0086523" title="Uuno Turhapuro VIII: Uuno Turhapuron Muisti Palailee Pätkittäin" />
    	<rename id="tt0088336" title="Uuno Turhapuro IX: Uuno Turhapuro Armeijan Leivissä" />
    	<rename id="tt0090245" title="Uuno Turhapuro X: Uuno Epsanjassa" />
    	<rename id="tt0092144" title="Uuno Turhapuro XI: Uuno Turhapuro Muuttaa Maalle" />
    	<rename id="tt0094233" title="Uuno Turhapuro XII: Uuno Turhapuro - Kaksoisagentti" />
    	<rename id="tt0096318" title="Uuno Turhapuro XIII: Tupla-Uuno" />
    	<rename id="tt0100853" title="Uuno Turhapuro XIV: Uunon Huikeat Poikamiesvuodet Maaseudulla" />
    	<rename id="tt0103183" title="Uuno Turhapuro XV: Uuno Turhapuro Herra Helsingin Herra" />
    	<rename id="tt0105713" title="Uuno Turhapuro XVI: Uuno Turhapuro - Suomen Tasavallan Presidentti" />
    	<rename id="tt0108470" title="Uuno Turhapuro XVII: Uuno Turhapuron Poika" />
    	<rename id="tt0111581" title="Uuno Turhapuro XVIII: Uuno Turhapuron Veli" />
    	<rename id="tt0161052" title="Uuno Turhapuro XIX: Johtaja Uuno Turhapuro - Pisnismies" />
    	<rename id="tt0400913" title="Uuno Turhapuro XX: Uuno Turhapuro - This Is My Life" />

Also added another Finnish series "Vares". One movie is still missing from IMDB, but I put it on the list anyway.

Code:
    	<rename id="tt0372594" title="Vares I: Yksityisetsivä" />
    	<rename id="tt0489325" title="Vares II: Jäätynyt Enkeli" />
    	<rename id="tt1604231" title="Vares III: Pahan Suudelma" />
    	<rename id="tt1836210" title="Vares IV: Huhtikuun Tytöt" />
    	<rename id="tt1901033" title="Vares V: Sukkanauhakäärme" />
    	<rename id="tt1625350" title="Vares VI: Kaidan Tien Kulkijat" />
    	<rename id="" title="Vares VII: Uhkapelimerkki" />
    	<rename id="tt1919184" title="Vares VIII: Pimeyden Tango" />

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I added a legendary finnish movie series "Uuno Turhapuro". Can you add these to the default xml?

The default XML file is only going to include English titles, and you went with the original Finnish title. You would have to use the International English titles then, for example "Numbskull Emptybrook I" for the 1st movie and "Numbskull Emptybrook II: Professor Numbskull D.G. Emptybrook" for the 2nd, etc. If you can supply me with the full corrected listing on that, I don't mind including them.

You can also just keep them the way they are for yourself. I know this is then extra work for you, to keep adding your own custom adjustments to the XML file, each time a new revision comes out. So what I'll do to make it easier is on the next revision of the rename database, I will add a seperate file that shows the new entries only, that way you can copy and paste those to your custom edited file.

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

Ok, I was wondering about the language, but thought as surely no one outside Finland will be interested about these movies, it would be ok to use original titles... But I understand your point.

Is it possible to use multiple renaming files in the future? So I could have the default English file, but as I have specified in the settings file to use Finnish names for Finnish movies, scraper would use separate Finnish renaming file for those. I think this kind of multilingual support would be a logical development for the scraper, as it has already outgrown its original purpose of just allowing use of English titles for everyone. This way people could still share their work with other users so that not everyone with same language preferences has to do the same modifications to their renaming files.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

Ok, I was wondering about the language, but thought as surely no one outside Finland will be interested about these movies, it would be ok to use original titles... But I understand your point.

Is it possible to use multiple renaming files in the future? So I could have the default English file, but as I have specified in the settings file to use Finnish names for Finnish movies, scraper would use separate Finnish renaming file for those. I think this kind of multilingual support would be a logical development for the scraper, as it has already outgrown its original purpose of just allowing use of English titles for everyone. This way people could still share their work with other users so that not everyone with same language preferences has to do the same modifications to their renaming files.

I'm actually working on v3.2.0 of the scraper to have a seperate XML file to retain the custom global options adjustments, that way if a new scraper version is release, a user doesn't have to adjust the settings. It will also allow for on the fly adjustments of options without re-importing the scraper.

I'll see if I can come up with something for the rename system like that as well, so that custom renames are easy to use as well.

And yes, this scraper has totally outgrown its original purpose, but it works :D

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I'm still working and testing the improvements for v3.2.0, but found a serious flaw in the RottenTomatoes rating. When the average rating is a single digit, it throws off the regular expression code. The result is a rating of '0'. Since this only affects a small amount of movies I didn't catch this before.

I've fixed it, but want to make sure the other improvements are good as well. If the testing takes too long, I will release v3.1.7 with the rating fix, but give me a few more days so I can just release them both at once :)

Hereafter - Rotten Tomatoes

was the movie I found the bug on, on a refresh the rating dissapeared. Kinda freaky situation with 60k+ votes to round out exact to "3.0/5" which is then shown as "3/5".

WsQ

Portal Pro
    December 15, 2008
    Kangasala
    Home Country
    Finland Finland

I think Riddick movies are a bit oddly named and the third part (Dark Fury) is missing.

Pitch Black I
    Pitch Black II: The Chronicles of Riddick
    Pitch Black III

I believe better names would be:
    The Chronicles Of Riddick I: Pitch Black
    The Chronicles Of Riddick II: Chronicles Of Riddick
    The Chronicles Of Riddick III: Dark Fury
    The Chronicles Of Riddick IV: TBA

I know it would be a bit different from the main rule to name the series after the first movies, but in this case the movies really are "The Chronicles of Riddck" -movies, not "Pitch Black" -movies.

Please add the Dark Fury -movie at least if my suggestion of the naming policy isn't acceptable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chronicles_of_Riddick_(series)

By the way, should this be Predator III?
    Predators (2010) - IMDb

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I think Riddick movies are a bit oddly named and the third part (Dark Fury) is missing.

Pitch Black I
    Pitch Black II: The Chronicles of Riddick
    Pitch Black III

I believe better names would be:
    The Chronicles Of Riddick I: Pitch Black
    The Chronicles Of Riddick II: Chronicles Of Riddick
    The Chronicles Of Riddick III: Dark Fury
    The Chronicles Of Riddick IV: TBA

I know it would be a bit different from the main rule to name the series after the first movies, but in this case the movies really are "The Chronicles of Riddck" -movies, not "Pitch Black" -movies.

Please add the Dark Fury -movie at least if my suggestion of the naming policy isn't acceptable.

It's indeed first movie title rule that I use. Both sides are valid, because they added a new name to the original movie when they re-released it after the success of the 2nd as "Chronicles of Riddick: Pitch Black". However at the same time the working title for the 2nd started out as "Pitch Black 2: Chronicles of Riddick". And because the first movie title rule is used for every other movie, I decided to stick with "Pitch Black" myself, as well as due to the shortness of the titles.

Speaking of 3rd 'Dark Fury' cartoon, I had that as "IIb" added to my own, because imdb.com made no movie connection reference to it. But it seems they have corrected this now, so I'll do the same.

By the way, should this be Predator III?
    Predators (2010) - IMDb

It's a cross between sequel, remake and a reboot , so it is hard to position. The fact that the title gets sorted below the actual duology made it easy choice to leave it as-is for the time being. But looking again at the movie and seeing that the working title was "Predator 3", it gives clear indication that the writers saw this the most as a sequel, so I'll correct it as such as well.

Merlyn

Portal Pro
    July 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: IMDb+ Scraper (Force English title, Auto-Rename titles to group, and more) v3.1.6

Hi RoChess,

I like this scraper, it works a lot better than the standard imdb scraper. Tested it with 58 movies and it got all of them correct without any assistance or corrections necessary (where as the original scraper got nine movies wrong).

However as I am german I'd like to use ofdb for titles and summaries. I made a small program to update the rename xml file and added some attribute fields for the ofdb id and german titles, then copy pasted the renaming part from the imdb+ scraper to the MoPi ofdb scraper. This however seems to greatly confuse the ofdb scraper, as it stops working completely :(

Could you give some hints and tips as to what needs to be adjusted to get the ofdb scraper working with the renamer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom