IMDB search no results

Discussion in 'General Support' started by rlevis, December 21, 2017.

1. rlevis
    • Premium Supporter

rlevis MP Donator

Ratings:
    +22 / 4
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MP 1.18.0

I think this has occurred since installing 1.18.0, selecting IMDB from the menu while a movie is selected, attempts to find the movie title but says "No IMDB Info found!". This occurs on every movie including those that have worked in the past. I tried updating the IMDB scripts and internal scripts, selecting a different EN script, but nothing works. Is this a known issue, or what logs should I send?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Missing System Logs and/or Specs Missing System Logs and/or Specs x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,785 / 30
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    All ... Post Log Files
    MyVideo plugin? Or? Which Grabber?

4. windykiwis

windykiwis Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 2
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am having the same problem. I had thought it was because they are MKV files I am adding and the media title is slightly different. But even if I correct all that I still can’t get it to grab the info. I am having the problem when in Mediaportal using the menu while on the file (IMDB) and also in doing a scan from Mediaportal Configuration application. What I have found is that if I go into the database editor and select the movie and then within the editor with the search use the IMDB number that I get a find of the number and if I say OK to that I get some information including the cover art. I have used all the English grabbers with no results. I did try using another language grabber and it did appear to work, but not sure. I am on 1.18.0

5. windykiwis

windykiwis Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 2
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No sure if I am doing anything good here but I just installed MP1.3.0 on my office PC with 7 test movies and go 100% sucess on the 7 test movies I put in a folder. Not all the content was correct, but no "not found". I was only using the grabbers that came with the install as trying to update the grabbers came up with an "Grabber update Failed." I did the same with MP1.5.0 with the same result ie 100% of the 7 movies found. Not alway accurate and no cover art, but still no "Not Found". I then installed MP1.10.0 and out of the box it failed on all movies, then I updated the grabbers and 3 of the 7 were found that was using both the IMDB with AKA and the TMDB grabbers.

I then installed MP1.18.0 and out of the box without updating the grabbers 100% fail! all movies were "Not Found"

Of interest, each instaall was a Freash Install. The scan was done in the MP Configuration Application in Expert mode.

6. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,785 / 30
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    Try this grabber ...

Attached Files:

7. windykiwis

windykiwis Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 2
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks ajs but I dont know that much about computers. Tried to google how to run a script file (windows 7) and did it from the command prompt using cscript.exe. But when it did "cscript.exe IMDB_MP117x.csscript" it came back with error "Input Error: There is no script engine for file extension '.csscript'

Attached Files:

• error.PNG
      error.PNG
      File size:
      20.3 KB
      Uploaded:
      December 23, 2017
      Views:
  8. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,785 / 30
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    Stop Mediaportal
    Copy IMDB_MP117x.csscript to folder: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\scripts\MovieInfo\
    Run Mediaportal and check ...

9. ajs
    • Team MediaPortal

ajs Development Group

IT
    Ratings:
    +4,785 / 30
    Home Country:
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Show System Specs
    All IMDB fixed grabber ...

Attached Files:

10. windykiwis

windykiwis Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 2
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks, I found were to put them. They look good. Have not done a full test but did to a couple of movies. Xmas day here and I have to do family things but will test fully tomorrow. Thank you!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  11. windykiwis

windykiwis Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 2
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry I dont think its fixed. So for the record I am testing on my office PC Windows 7 x64 and without the TV server. I did a full clean of MP, reset the PC then did an install of 1.18.0. I had three movies in the directory (Cars 3.mkv, Detroit (2017).mkv and Mr Popper's Penguins (2011).mp4) The mkv files I had edited so the header was the same at file name. I replaced the scripts.

Doing a scan none were found. I am sure there was a setting that said chose the best result, but I could not find that setting. When the scan was finished I had the option to search each individually which I did. Cars 3 was successful the other two were not. Attached are screen shots showing the results.

Attached Files:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!