IMDB search no results (2 Viewers)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MP 1.18.0

I think this has occurred since installing 1.18.0, selecting IMDB from the menu while a movie is selected, attempts to find the movie title but says "No IMDB Info found!". This occurs on every movie including those that have worked in the past. I tried updating the IMDB scripts and internal scripts, selecting a different EN script, but nothing works. Is this a known issue, or what logs should I send?

windykiwis

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am having the same problem. I had thought it was because they are MKV files I am adding and the media title is slightly different. But even if I correct all that I still can’t get it to grab the info. I am having the problem when in Mediaportal using the menu while on the file (IMDB) and also in doing a scan from Mediaportal Configuration application. What I have found is that if I go into the database editor and select the movie and then within the editor with the search use the IMDB number that I get a find of the number and if I say OK to that I get some information including the cover art. I have used all the English grabbers with no results. I did try using another language grabber and it did appear to work, but not sure. I am on 1.18.0

windykiwis

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No sure if I am doing anything good here but I just installed MP1.3.0 on my office PC with 7 test movies and go 100% sucess on the 7 test movies I put in a folder. Not all the content was correct, but no "not found". I was only using the grabbers that came with the install as trying to update the grabbers came up with an "Grabber update Failed." I did the same with MP1.5.0 with the same result ie 100% of the 7 movies found. Not alway accurate and no cover art, but still no "Not Found". I then installed MP1.10.0 and out of the box it failed on all movies, then I updated the grabbers and 3 of the 7 were found that was using both the IMDB with AKA and the TMDB grabbers.

I then installed MP1.18.0 and out of the box without updating the grabbers 100% fail! all movies were "Not Found"

Of interest, each instaall was a Freash Install. The scan was done in the MP Configuration Application in Expert mode.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Try this grabber ...

Attachments

• IMDB_MP117x.csscript.zip
      7.7 KB

windykiwis

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks ajs but I dont know that much about computers. Tried to google how to run a script file (windows 7) and did it from the command prompt using cscript.exe. But when it did "cscript.exe IMDB_MP117x.csscript" it came back with error "Input Error: There is no script engine for file extension '.csscript'

Attachments

• error.PNG
      error.PNG
      20.3 KB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Thanks ajs but I dont know that much about computers.
    Stop Mediaportal
    Copy IMDB_MP117x.csscript to folder: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\scripts\MovieInfo\
    Run Mediaportal and check ...

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    All IMDB fixed grabber ...

Attachments

• MovieInfo.IMDB.zip
      19.6 KB

windykiwis

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks, I found were to put them. They look good. Have not done a full test but did to a couple of movies. Xmas day here and I have to do family things but will test fully tomorrow. Thank you!

windykiwis

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry I dont think its fixed. So for the record I am testing on my office PC Windows 7 x64 and without the TV server. I did a full clean of MP, reset the PC then did an install of 1.18.0. I had three movies in the directory (Cars 3.mkv, Detroit (2017).mkv and Mr Popper's Penguins (2011).mp4) The mkv files I had edited so the header was the same at file name. I replaced the scripts.

Doing a scan none were found. I am sure there was a setting that said chose the best result, but I could not find that setting. When the scan was finished I had the option to search each individually which I did. Cars 3 was successful the other two were not. Attached are screen shots showing the results.

Attachments

• 0 Settings.PNG
      0 Settings.PNG
      87.4 KB
    • 1 Settings.PNG
      1 Settings.PNG
      67.4 KB
    • 2 Results of scan.PNG
      2 Results of scan.PNG
      20.1 KB
    • 3 Results of Cars3.PNG
      3 Results of Cars3.PNG