IMDB with AKA grabber bug in IMDB.csscript (1 Viewer)

andyking

September 22, 2008
Home Country
England England
The script that does the grabbing filters out a lot of results like tv series, video games, etc. It's really geared towards getting the results of films (which it seems to work pretty much ok with) and nothing else. Quite often it doesn't get a lot of the data or gets the wrong info which is because of the way the script is written and it needs to be drastically improved. In the end I modified the script myself to stop the filtering out of tv series and other hits.

YOu can use the approach mentioned above by ltloopy which will work perfectly:
"you can always change the title of the movie that you want the the IMDB number and it will download all the data

so for the dexter tv series you could type in tt0773262
that number comes off the last part of the URL http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0773262"

Obviously it's a pain having to get the code everytime from imdb.

To be honest, I gave up with media portal 6 months ago after discovering XBMC. The library mode with this software works fantastically with films and tv series and i highly recommend it over media portal. You set the content type of a folder to films or tv shows and then it builds a library of each. For the tv series it shows a list of then with artwork and the seasons and episode names of every episode.

Gradlock

Portal Member
September 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks andyking. Not ready to give up on MediaPortal just yet but I am definitely starting to think about toying around with XBMC since I only use my HTPC for music, internet radio and movies, no TV.

Would be good if in the future you could configure the options of the filter so you could choose what you want to filter out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom