[Approved] IMDB with AKA script (2 Viewers)

mejim707

Portal Member
August 14, 2008
Home Country
Then how come other scripts download the covers"? Even the IMDB grabber with OFDB downloads the covers. Not sure what to do then at this point to get the cover art. Is there any suggestion or do I need to simply have a bunch of plank covers?

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I will add code for cover grab from IMDB in script, check later today here I will attach script for you.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Ok, here you are. Unrar and copy to MPConfig -> \scripts\MovieInfo folder.

You can also get it via Scripts update in Videotabase Configuration.

Attachments

• IMDB.rar
      6.5 KB

DBeck

Portal Member
    October 2, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Thanks Deda, it's working but only showing 1/1 images but that's better than nothing.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Deda ! Long time ....:)

Do IMDb scraper that come with MP 1.2 RC1 are the must update one ? i see meny feild not retrive info ...
    like :
    Movie Info :
    1- Tagline
    2- Votes
    3- User Review
    Actors Info :
    same actors come up as " IMDb - " befure the name so all the actor like this , no info downlaod ...
    for exsample try movie Black Swan (2011) actor "Mila Kunis" come up as " IMDb - Mila Kunis" and no info scrap ,all do the info on the web .

As i see some info in moving pictures posts abut IMDb web changing some of codes , probly need to update the scraper for My Videos too. :)

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Use update in config, in RC1 is not recent one ( I change it after code freeze so couldn't add it up in SVN).

Also, for user review you need to use IMDB_MP12x.

Actors info are broken currently. I made repair but couldn't integrate it in 1.2.0 as it's a part of massive actor info rework which handles actors completely different and blazing fast, but as this requires skin changes it will need to wait 1.3.0 :sorry:

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Use update in config, in RC1 is not recent one ( I change it after code freeze so couldn't add it up in SVN).

Also, for user review you need to use IMDB_MP12x.

Actors info are broken currently. I made repair but couldn't integrate it in 1.2.0 as it's a part of massive actor info rework which handles actors completely different and blazing fast, but as this requires skin changes it will need to wait 1.3.0 :sorry:

Hi Deda ! Thanks for the info, the new staff sound great .... :D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Removed scripts from first post, now you can fetch newest one via MP Configuration script update. You will have two of them in your script list:

1. IMDB with AKA - as default one compatible with all version of MP
    2. IMDB with AKA V1.2.x - only for MP 1.2.x and above which will have extra things not compatible with lower MP versions
    Hi Deda -
    MP 1.2.x script worked like a charm for me. However, is there somewhere that explains the 'extra things' ;). I was thinking to add something to the Wiki about it, but I don't know for sure what the differences are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom