Imon + Harmoney One (1 Viewer)

BeLLe

Portal Pro
August 13, 2008
I have a Silverstone ML02MX chassis with a built in Imon receiver and a Logitech Harmony One remote but I can't figure out how to get it to work properly with MP

Until now I've used an external MCE infrared receiver and configured the remote as a MCE remote and ticked off in MCE remote in MP config. Everything works great.

But I want to use the internal Imon receiver as it looks better than having a small box lying on top of the computer.
So I installed the latest Imon software found on soundgrahps homepage and configured it to use with a MCE remote. I can see that it works coz the machine react to some of the buttons but it's only very few.
And this is here i don't get it - If imon software is configured to receive signals from a MCE remote and MP is configured to react on MCE remote commands then why don't it work??

Isn't a MCE remote signal a MCE remote signal??

I've tried to play around a bit with mapping keyboard presses to buttons but there's not all of the commands and I can't select the right buttons for some of those there are.

BeLLe

Portal Pro
August 13, 2008
No not yet as I couldn't get it to work last time I looked at it..... last summer. But maybe I should try it again.

Is it possible to map the Guide and info buttons with that as they're the only ones I'm missing ATM (I think)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No not yet as I couldn't get it to work last time I looked at it..... last summer. But maybe I should try it again.

Is it possible to map the Guide and info buttons with that as they're the only ones I'm missing ATM (I think)

Well, as far as I see you can nearly map every Function to any Button. For example I mapped TV Settings to a Button or MovingPictures (with the ShortCut'er Plugin).

But it took some time to configure Harmony and IRSS in the way I want to have it... but now I'm very happy with it!

BeLLe

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2008
    sounds good. Is it possible for you to upload your config so I have something to start out with?

Does the remote emulate keyboard presses or is it the MCE commands it picks up?

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sounds good. Is it possible for you to upload your config so I have something to start out with?
    Sorry, I don't think so, because it depends also of your harmony config and this I can't upload. Also it's very "individual/specific", for example I don't need Volume (uses TV/Amplifier Volume) and changed these Button for Scrolling(Page up/down).

But the key functions of IRRS/MCE do work "out of the box".

Does the remote emulate keyboard presses or is it the MCE commands it picks up?
    Don't now, but with IRSS Macros you can emulate Keys. So you can configure in IRSS Button-->Macro-->Key . In this way I mapped MovingPictures (with ShortCutter).

BeLLe

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2008
    Okay I'm weirded out here.

I Installed IRSS and disabled imon, configured the MP plugin for MCE remote and started MP up. nothing worked except for up, down, left, right and OK.

I then uninstalled imon, rebooted - same thing.
    Now I've stopped the IRSS service and its STILL the same thing. arrows and OK works but nothing else. So It seems thaat Win7 have the drivers for the imon receiver but MP can't figure out how to use it.

also the arrows and OK works outside MP so it looks like its in windows somewhere......

Where to go from here? is Imon manager still needed? is IRSS?

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    well, some ideas / mistakes I made...

• Installed Imon driver 7.77.1022 (as far as I know, newer Versions are not supported!)?
    • Runs / Installed NOTin Service mode
    • Did you set MCE Remote within IMON device (not Microsoft MCE!!!) of IRSS Server?
    • uncheck "Enable Keyboard input" IRSS Server config
    • Does the debugger react/sends signals?

If none of these helps... open a thread within IRSS Forum and send your logs of IRSS :rolleyes:

But don't forget to update your system Specification of your Profile, espacialy Imon Hardware/Firmware Version ;)

BeLLe

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2008
    • Installed Imon driver 7.77.1022 (as far as I know, newer Versions are not supported!)?
      Check - I have installed 7.77.10.22
    • Runs / Installed NOTin Service mode
      What should NOT be in service mode? IRSS or IMON?
    • Did you set MCE Remote within IMON device (not Microsoft MCE!!!) of IRSS Server?
      Not understood. I have set MCE remote in IMON. Theres nothing named Microsoft MCE. Is it in IRSS?
    • uncheck "Enable Keyboard input" IRSS Server config
      Check - Keyboard unchecked. Should mouse input also be unchecked?
    • Does the debugger react/sends signals?
      Debug Client does not react to anything. It connect to the IRSS server but nothing happens when i press the keys on the remote. But windows still acts like if I pressed one of the arrow keys when i press one of the directions buttons on the remote.

I still can't figure out what causes the direction buttons to react. I even tried to disable all USB hid devices but it still reacted :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom