iMON IR in MCE mode digit input not working (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use iMON in MCE mode with the built-in IR from my VF310 display.
    Thus I can use iMON manager to map some remote keys to keyboard shortcuts and get it working the way I want with MP.
    However some keys like the digits (0-9) I can't remap in iMON manager most likely because it assumes it should simply translate to the digits.
    However digits from the remote just won't work so I can't change channels directly or switch to a teletext page for instance.
    Has anyone come across this issue before? I'm using an AZERTY keyboard btw. Maybe it's relevant cause the digits must be accessed using the shift key.
    Could be that the event sent by iMON is not exactly what MP expects, like numpad digits as opposed to plain ones?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I have the same setup as you but numbers on my remote do what they are supposed to. Numbers are actually hard coded. Using a french keyboard makes no difference.

So I cant directly solve the enigma but confirm that there is a way to make it work. I will have a look at my setup later.[DOUBLEPOST=1388901960][/DOUBLEPOST]P.S. If you would like to exclude the keyboard setup as a potential source of the problem, then just set your Windows to use an English keyboard.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could you verify that your global key settings are ok as per the attached screenshot of the configuration screen?

Mapping.JPG

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for helping out with that.

I can confirm the issue is related to AZERTY keyboard.
    I can workaround the problem by enabling Caps Lock.
    I wonder if it's a bug in MP or in iMON manager.
    Digits work just fine without Caps Lock in WMC so I guess MP is to blame.
    Either way it would be nice if it could be fixed somehow.
    Not sure if and how I should open a bug for that.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Stephane,

The fact that your keyboard is not correctly recognized in MePo is weird. In principle there is a hardware abstraction layer that prevents such things from happening. I assume that your Windows is set up correctly, i.e. French language and keyboard and that MePo is also set to French.

Can you test the following: in a text entry dialogue, e.g. the Search function in TV programme. Then test the different keys and verify that what you enter is what is being displayed.

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My keyboard is properly recognized. I tested search in TV and that works just fine with my AZERTY keyboard.
    My Windows is in English, MP is in English only my keyboard is French and properly setup in Windows too.
    Trouble is that to access digits on an AZERTY keyboard you need to Shift or Caps Lock.
    Now possibly iMON is sending the scan code of the key rather than the virtual key then MP I guess resolves it 'properly' according to my keyboard layout and the status of Shift/Caps Lock but that's not the expected behavior there.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your keyboard is not interpreted by IMON but by your OS. MePo is not directly polling the keyboard.

I am a little bit confusded about what we are discussing here. Are you saying that your keyboard or your remote is not working properly? The remote is of course subject to IMON and completely independent of your localization. If number keys are not transmitted properly you might consider starting from scratch, i.e. deleting all mappings and redefining them, or even uninstalling and reinstalling IMON.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom