iMON - LCD Display Pauses Intermittently (1 Viewer)

ralphy

Portal Pro
June 15, 2007
Home Country
I've noticed that my iMON LCD display sometimes pauses, and investigations have revealed that this occurs during the iMONLCD_SendData(ref data) call. On my system, this function usually only takes a millisecond or less, but occasionally, sometimes up to 6-10 times an hour, takes around five seconds. This call basically uses devioctl().

Has anyone experienced a similar problem or have any suggestions to narrow down what might be causing it?

I've tried terminating unwanted processes without success (eg Norton AV and Internet Security; Spybot; disabled wireless networking etc). I thought it might be an LCD hardware problem, but having run test code in safe mode overnight (unfortunately the WAF doesn's allow having the system down for extensive periods ;) ) I saw no evidence of the call taking five seconds. So that seemed to eliminate the Soundgraph hardware from having a problem.

A pause in the display is a minor irritation, the biggest problem is that it causes the video/audio to freeze/stutter in my beta testing of ExternalDisplay for GBPVR - and this gets an angry :mad: family when it occurs.

I don' t know if I'll get a pause/stutter in MediaPortal vidoe/audio with the problem, but I do know that the excessive time in iMONLCD_SendData call does occur with ExternalDisplay in MP.

Does anyone experience the LCD pausing?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to debug this intermittment problem seems to occur somewhere in the windows kernel. This has got me stumped for weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom