iMon & MediaPortal - How?? (1 Viewer)

griffindodd

Portal Pro
March 28, 2009
Hi all,

Loving Mediaportal so far, got it working nicely.

Now my iMon 2.4g RF remote is giving me great pain. I have the latest version of iMon Manager installed, I added the MediaPortal.exe app to iMon Manager and then made a profile for that program with all the remote buttons mapped to the MediaPortal keyboard shortcuts. Trouble is when I launch MediaPortal it seems to totally ignore my profile and give different functions to my iMon buttons.

eg. I map the pause button on the imon remote to 'Spacebar' in iMon Manager but once MediaPortal is running pressing the remote's pause button cycles through the subtitle/captions instead?????

Can anyone help? I love this remote as it's an RF Media Center setup, I'd love to get this working properly.

Many thanks

Joel

griffindodd

Portal Pro
March 28, 2009
I finally found the answer to this over at the soundgraph web site.

Don't upgrade to imon manager 7.4, it is buggy and has problems sending commands to mediaportal, stick with 7.2 and turn off auto update in the software update options.

For anyone having problems configuring their imon manager and RC for MediaPortal, here is an extremely well written post that helped me out, hopefully it will help you...

:::confused:oundGraph::: Innovation of Human on Digital Network

bluesxman

March 25, 2009
Thanks for the link. I'm having trouble configuring the remote, apart from everything else. But let's take one step at the time

Twinturbo

Portal Pro
March 29, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for :)

Installed my Imon this morning. Nice if it will be working properly with Mediaportal tonight ;-)

n4orcer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2008
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Im having problems with my iMON PAD remote.

I recently got myself an Silverstone LC16-MR and the remote refuses to work! I have followed all the guides I have found here with no results. The pad works in windows, but it wont work with any custom application. I have tried with adding notepad and assigning any button to 'A' for example but it wont register it, nothing happens.

I also have a Philips MCE (From an Omaura TF5) remote that I cant get to work either, some buttons work but the (arrows) wont for example will not work.

I tired IRServer but that did not work either, it looks like the IRReciver or iMON dont passes the IRSignals by to Mediaportal.

What settings should I have in the 'Remote' section of the Mediaportal Configuration? Im using 'ShortCuter' with supplied .imo file.

Im currently using version 7.20.0502 of the iMON software but I have tried the new 7.40 aswell with the same results. I'm on the latest SVN, but I had the same issues before i updated from 1.0.0.

Windows Vista x64, SP1 other specs in profile.

Anyone got any ideas? Anyone that could help me out?

Duqe

Portal Member
    April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Im getting sick of this. I download 7.2 version and uninstall 7.4. I delete both folders, on Program Data and Program Files (Soundgraph). Then run regedit and search and delete all imon/soundgraph commands on registri. Then restart and install 7.2 version. But then again, cant configure some buttons like Windows button, wich is one of the differences from 7.4 to 7.2.

Any idea of wich is the file/folder im missing and is causing me all this troubles?

Thx.

chesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm gonna try to help you with your troubles here, as I had a lot of the same issues. I followed this guide: MediaPortal - Setup guide for Silverstone LC16M Case | iMon Remote Setup, iMon VFD Setup, iMon Front Button Hack and didn't listen to the fact to only use 7.2 and stuck with 7.4 anyway. Not having any issues. I did reconfigure some of the buttons to be like how I wanted them, rather then how they were setup in the .imo file. Anyway, good luck to ya.

Edit: Just so ya know, I only followed the first 2 posts as my front buttons have always worked. That, and obviously there will be some differences depending on which version of the iMon software ya have installed. Just look past them and try to find the appropriate section it's talking about. I followed at least 5 guides (this being the last one) and wouldn't ya know which one finally worked for me.

Duqe

Portal Member
    April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    First, thx.

Thats one of the 3 guides ive followed. Being this one the last one. And as i said, seems like some files are kept either on the registri or the HDD. Because then i cant understand why i cant modifi window button for examplo, on my Imon pad. And thats one of the diferences between version 7.2 and 7.4.

As i said, i deleted all files and folders of soundgraph on my HDD. And also all the entries on my registry wich i searched by imon and soundgraph. But the problem stills. And i restarted the computer after each uninstallation.

Btw, im using Vista Ultimate.

Thx again.

gigilulu

Portal Member
    November 16, 2007
    I am having the same problem using version 7.2, unable to modify "Windows" button.

Duqe

Portal Member
    April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I am having the same problem using version 7.2, unable to modify "Windows" button.

Ive given up at the end. Got tired of uninstalling, deleting files on HDD, searching and deleting entries on registry, installing again. At the end, same result. Hope someone could find a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom