pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    And - now it's working ... o_O ... so - two options - either the first final installation I did was not working (I did no upgrade from a previous version) - but I did also a reinstall so I don't think so - or in teh dev verison was something different which keeps active to the final ... unfortunatly i can't reproduce it now :(

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ha - I tricked myself :) - I had connected an ehome receiver for testing and fogotten about it :whistle: ... just recognised when I was wondering why the hell when in Home every left - right press I do results in two steps (so one homemenue item is skipped) ...

Anyway - now I can reproduce the following - when I disconnect the ehome I'm back only leftrightupdownok. When i connect teh ehome and hide the IMON receiver eberything works (also the special settings) using MCE only setting in MP ... so that means for me that at least the imon software is working fine ... next step - fall back once again to pre releaso or 12

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok - so as it's not working back to 1.11 ... - no idea. I'm going to diconnect it and leave the ehome together with the imon software as so all my settings are working. I know that it is receiving the signals - in Windows it works without problem. Whatever it keeps it from functioning in MP is totally out of my knowledge.

Ah - yes - I also tried it with irss - which also was working (the MCE buttons). What I couldn't find how to programm the special keys - I have seen the part of the software but couldn't put anything in - maybe tomorrow ...

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You lost me. What do you want to use? MCE eHome or iMON? Having two IR receiver connected to your PC is usually a bad idea.
    We highly recommand MCE devices over iMON.
    iMON has always been dodgy and now its not even supported by SoundGraph anymore so it's really a legacy device.
    MCE eHome which is basically HID compliant is the standard and you will have a much better experience with those devices.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Soundgraph sucks since ages - still my case has it build in so no way around it. (origanae) and it was working in my setup without any problems until the reinstall. the funny thing for me is taht teh imon software is not binding itself to the imon receiver but to any input signal so it will also work with the ehome one which can be the solution or i figure out how to properly configure irss so I can unse all buttons on my remote (Menue, Guide, Info, Exit and some other special ones) together with the imon receiver. I will figure it out - but not today :) - What I wont be able to find is why it is not working anymore :(

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have an iMon Antec Fusion case and have given up trying to get the inbuilt IR to work. What does work well for me out of the box, is a USB IR receiver - I am currently using the IR Rxer that came with my Hauppage TV tuner card. The very old HP IR Rxer also works.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    THX for all the inspiration :) - I have now replaced the imon IR with the old ehome I had ... as I didn't want to have it outside of my case I simply have cut of the IR Receiver from Imon to prevent it from getting signals (I know - a piece of Tape would have done the job too) and dismounted the Rceiver I had - replaced the USB Kable with connectors from my BreadBoard and conteced it to the internal USB Port (it's only 4 wires so no big deal) and expaned the IR Receier so I can put it behind the glass were the original was located - and - hurra - still using the Imon software for the mapping but IR with ehome and it's working perfect ...

Last edited:

neefs

Portal Member
    March 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hey pur_berger,

Are you still using that ir configuration? Just want to tell you that i have an origenae too and i had never issues with the imon remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom