iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

punking

Portal Member
June 21, 2010
New York
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

For the first time in two years my Antec fusion case LCD is actually working, so thank you. Although I don't think it's quite right yet, as I can't alter the brightness or contrast from the Mediaportal plugin, only with the imon software. So I have some questions.

I've installed the latest imon software, and copied the binaries to the Mediaportal installation folder.

Where does the imondisplay wrapper go?
Where does the MP patch go? (is it in the Mediaportal installation folder?)

Finally. I've been using a Harmony remote through USBirt and Eventghost. This powers my HTPC on and off with a button press. Since installing the imon software it interferes and I can no longer turn my PC on and off with the remote.

Is there a way to use the LCD without having to use the imon remote software?

Thank you for your time.

stefanuhrig

Portal Member
April 17, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Hi punking,

Although I don't think it's quite right yet, as I can't alter the brightness or contrast from the Mediaportal plugin, only with the imon software.

The driver offered here does not directly communicate with the display. Instead it uses the API offered by SoundGraph, the manufacturer of the displays. Unfortunately functions to alter brightness or contrast are not offered by this API.

Where does the imondisplay wrapper go?
Where does the MP patch go? (is it in the Mediaportal installation folder?)

These archives contain the source code only. You don't need to install them.

Finally. I've been using a Harmony remote through USBirt and Eventghost. This powers my HTPC on and off with a button press. Since installing the imon software it interferes and I can no longer turn my PC on and off with the remote.

Is there a way to use the LCD without having to use the imon remote software?

The driver offered here won't work without the iMON software.

What do you actually mean by "interfere"? Has your Harmony completely stopped to work? All the time or when MediaPortal is running only?

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

stefan: first of all thanks for your work on getting the imon vfd to run properly with mediaportal!

i bought an antec veris multimedia station elite, which has an imon vfd built-in. after reading through many many threads and posts, i thought this display would now finally be supported by the minidisplay plugin of mediaportal - however with the provided standard imon interface in the minidisplay plugin i could not get it to work at all. the vfd stays black.

so i installed stefan's plugin (knew about it already before) and everything works :)

my question is, if it's supposed to be that way for now, that one needs stefan's adapted minidisplay plugin, or is it possible to include stefan's adaptions in the official mediaportal package in the future? or does one need to install an older imon version for the official plugin (i have the latest one installed atm).

i'm asking this also because i had everything running fine in 1.2.0 beta, installed 1.2.0 rc1 and now had to overwrite the official plugin again - and i guess i'll have to do this with every future mepo release.

another question: is it normal that the imon manager software always gets restarted after stopping video playback? i'm asking this, because for a moment or so, the windows7 taskbar pops up and hides again, when this happens...

thank you and greetings!

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

my question is, if it's supposed to be that way for now, that one needs stefan's adapted minidisplay plugin, or is it possible to include stefan's adaptions in the official mediaportal package in the future? or does one need to install an older imon version for the official plugin (i have the latest one installed atm).

i'm asking this also because i had everything running fine in 1.2.0 beta, installed 1.2.0 rc1 and now had to overwrite the official plugin again - and i guess i'll have to do this with every future mepo release.

The same thing happened for me. I was expecting this plugin to be integrated into 1.2.0 RC, but I also had to overwrite the newly installed .dll files with those on post 65 of this thread.

another question: is it normal that the imon manager software always gets restarted after stopping video playback? i'm asking this, because for a moment or so, the windows7 taskbar pops up and hides again, when this happens...

There is an option within iMon which allows you to never see the iMon's stupid blue circle thing and hide all notification balloons(somewhere). Try changing those settings and see if it improves.

Robbo100

punking

Portal Member
    June 21, 2010
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Re: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

What do you actually mean by "interfere"? Has your Harmony completely stopped to work? All the time or when MediaPortal is running only?

It doesn't stop the Harmony from working. The problem was that the USirt receiver was receiving a command and so was the imon. Every time I pressed the remote once it would perform the action twice. I prefer to use the USBirt and eventghost rather than the imon receiver because I can set up more complicated remote actions with eventghost.

I got around the problem. I set the imon to receive commands from an imon remote. My harmony is set up as an MCE remote. Now the imon doesn't see my remote, but the USBirt and Eventghost does.

It sounds complicated, but it seems to have worked.

Thanks.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta

Hi all,

Is it possible for someone to make available for download the IMON version compatible with this plugin. I can't find 8.01.0419 version and the most recent one doesn't seem to work, so had to revert to the old version 7.77.1022 :(:(:(

:D in advance.....

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta

Hi, robbo100.

Thanks for this. I already had tried this version but had issues as mini-display didn't work. In the Mini-Display plug-in configuration, in the dropdown, it always refered to IMON 8.01.0419. That is why I asked if anyone has that version. Maybe I am doing something wrong.....

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

In the Mini-Display plug-in configuration, in the dropdown, it always refered to IMON 8.01.0419. That is why I asked if anyone has that version.

It refers to >8.01.0419 (i.e. greater than 8.01.0419).

Maybe I am doing something wrong.....

Possibly :)

If you are using Windows 7 or Vista and using a VFD (rather then an LCD), you have to run both iMon and MP Config as Administrator during setup to get it to work - see post 65 of this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom