iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i'm using your latest DLL with Antec Fusion Remote case and LC Display.
    The recording icon is working and no crashes since 2 days.
    Keep up the good work. (y)

Glad it works, thanks for the feedback.
    If all goes well this one version will never be shipped with MP as 1.8 should have an even better version with EQ support and other new neat options.
    Here is a sneak peek at the new advanced settings dialog, subject to change obviously.

upload_2014-4-14_21-49-23.png

There is also a feature I have in mind for the LCD which is about using the built-in scroll functionality from iMON manager which scrolls per pixels rather than per character as we do it ATM. I think it's much more readable. Though it won't make it in 1.8. maybe later this year depending how much time I can invest.

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    So I can keep the iMON Manager 8.x! Have I to disable the "Start with Windows" for it?
    Thanks for any clarification and have a nice day!
    iMON Manager must be running to use that plug-in so best have it start with Windows.

Thanks again for your kind attention!

So I think is going to be great! Two lines on the VFD with the latest iMON Manager!

Having it (iMON Manager) started with windows, iMON Manger is going to display its own info (that you can configure in the setup), while MediaPortal is going to displays other infos...I can not understand this point, sorry...Will I have both of them?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So I think is going to be great! Two lines on the VFD with the latest iMON Manager!
    VFD was always two lines. If iMON Manager uses only one line then you have an LCD device. Just make a picture of it and I'll tell you what it is.

Having it (iMON Manager) started with windows, iMON Manger is going to display its own info (that you can configure in the setup), while MediaPortal is going to displays other infos...I can not understand this point, sorry...Will I have both of them?

MP will take control of your display while it's running. So info from iMON Manager won't be display when using MP, just MP infos insteads.

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    VFD was always two lines. If iMON Manager uses only one line then you have an LCD device. Just make a picture of it and I'll tell you what it is.

MP will take control of your display while it's running. So info from iMON Manager won't be display when using MP, just MP infos insteads.

Really good news! I'm actually in the set-up phase of my universal remote (Logitech Harmony 700) end the HTPC display (that is a VFD of a Chieftec HM-03 case). Thanks a lot for your help!

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have installed you plug-in and...it works perfectly! Thanks a lot!

One final question: in the Mini Display setup tab there is an "Advanced" button...when I press it nothing happens...Did I make a mistake in copying some files?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One final question: in the Mini Display setup tab there is an "Advanced" button...when I press it nothing happens...Did I make a mistake in copying some files?
    There isn't any advanced options for VFD in your version of the plug-in so this is the expected behaviour.
    Nice HTPC enclosure btw have fun with your setup :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is a beta version of the upcoming rework. I'm currently testing it against 1.7.1 and so far so good.
    Don't bother trying it on 1.6 and earlier version it won't work.
    The wrapper itself has been reworked and needs to be updated. I recommend you backup your binaries before copying the provided ones in place.
    Both LCD and VFD are using the same driver, your display type will be detected accordingly.
    You'll need to run configure to setup the driver.
    Update interval is there to provide proper frame rate if using EQ.
    With VFD I'm currently using:
    Scroll: 200ms
    Update: 33ms
    Idle: 15s

For now LCD should not set their update interval below 300ms see: https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4418

New features:
    EQ support
    Hand back to iMON manager options.
    Idle time is now a configuration option.
    Scroll and update interval are now two separate configuration options.
    Not sending text to the driver anymore if it was not changed.
    Single threaded.

Known issues:
    Disable in background option not implemented.
    LCD line options not implemented.
    VFD EQ 16th band not working.
    LCD EQ a bit funny. Some bands not working. Not stereo.
    EQ mode options not implemented. Will be removed.
    EQ only working with music and not during video playback.
    LCD update bugs when set below 300ms.

Attachments

• MiniDisplay.zip
      652.6 KB
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom