iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

axlt2002

Portal Pro
September 20, 2012
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi Stéphane!

Without WASAPI the things are going well (I have tried the BASS engine). The "issue" is that I need WASAPI because I'm an audiophil and therefore I would have a bitstream behaviour for my music, bypassing completely the Windows mixer and demanding the DAC to my Focal amplifier through the optical input...

Do you have any suggestion? I found the post below...but I really can't understand what to do even if it seems that the double speed issue can be solved...

The newer version do not have VU meter options ATM.
Hmm understand.. you will reactivate VU Meter then the fix for Wasapi are simple.

Add in Basswasapi Init call the flag BASS_WASAPI_BUFFER
Double speed should then be gone

then ceck if UseWasapi get Sample Data over
Code:
BASS_WASAPI_GetData(nil, BASS_DATA_AVAILABLE)
else
Code:
BASS_ChannelGetData(Stream, nil, BASS_DATA_AVAILABLE);

greets

Waiting for you help! ;) Goodnight! :sleep:

B

BassFan

A few post back there must be a link to the Jira and branch.

Thanks!

i think the Problem is outside of iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay Driver.
should be a Problem inside MiniDisplayHelper.cs
i will see how can fix the Problem with Wasapi then.

no idea why any People think that SpectrumData is the same as EqFftData
EQ do nothing with SpectrumData FFT!

Equalization
or see Frequency-Band

Equalization (EQ) refers to the process of altering the frequency response of an audio system or a sound file. EQ can be used for esthetic reasons or to compensate for unwanted bumps or holes in the audio spectrum.
The following files will help you to discriminate frequencies across the audible range. By training your ears to recognize those frequency bands, you will acquire the ability to locate unwanted frequency bumps by ear and find the correct EQ fix in one go.

What your do is also draw a Spectrum of frequencies not a EQ-ALIZER (Change frequencies)

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @BassFan Do you have code changes/diffs rather than binaries? Did you implement that against master or against the rework branch?

@Stéphane Lenclud i hope your changed is add to the latest MiniDisplayLibrary in 1.7.1 ?

No it isn't. Planned for 1.8.[DOUBLEPOST=1399202800][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Stéphane, another question to be added that just raised in my mind making some verifications. I'm actually using StreamedMP and I have defined the menus FILM and CARTOONS using MovingPictures filtering. So, when I enter in FILM I can only see the movies and when entering in CARTOONS I see only the cartoons list. On the VFD, in the first line is dieplayed FILM for both cases while on the second line the title of the movie/cartoons is correctly displayed...any idea on how to display the right menu name?

Can't help with that for now, just won't have time. It seems to be an issue with the skin and the way it interface with MiniDisplay.

Last edited:
    B

BassFan

@BassFan Do you have code changes/diffs rather than binaries? Did you implement that against master or against the rework branch?

@Stéphane Lenclud i hope your changed is add to the latest MiniDisplayLibrary in 1.7.1 ?

No it isn't. Planned for 1.8.

then i think your should change it self and upload a file here.. or? with all your changed in MiniDisplayLibrary.

MiniDisplayHelper.cs

Code:
    using Un4seen.BassWasapi;
    Code:
              if (BassWasapi.BASS_WASAPI_IsStarted())
              {
                num2 = BassWasapi.BASS_WASAPI_GetData(EQSETTINGS.EqFftData, num3);
              }
              else
              {
                num2 = Bass.BASS_ChannelGetData(handle, EQSETTINGS.EqFftData, num3);
              }

after that Wasapi should work..

search for BASS_ChannelGetData and paste my code in to...
    delete my Archive .. then ;)

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another improvement:
    I use the Xtreme skin, where the captions of the menu items (in BasicHome) are not directly the texts, but SkinSettings property type (example: "#skin.CustomMenu.Items.Item1.Caption").
    The display shows the name of the property instead of the value (example: "MOVIES"), could somehow change?

This is also somewhat outside the scope of the changes I'm currently doing so I won't look into it. It's again an issue with skin and generic MiniDisplay behavior.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom