iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiperGlow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @HiperGlow
    I could reproduce your issue, thanks again for reporting it.
    The attached version should fix you up.

I tested the use case you specified on my dev machine and smoke tested it on my production HTPC.

I will put them on the system - test them the next couple of days.

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Stéphan,

Just to notify that yesterday evening I tested the MiniDisplay and the Equal....ups... I mean the Spectrum visualization works perfectly now! No more stuttering and double speed using WASAPI! ;)

So from my side this is 99% what I was looking for! Thanks again for your great work!

P.S.: Why 99%? The missing 1% is the feature to turn off the diaplay when palying videos... :whistle: :rolleyes: :notworthy: (y) It would be sufficient implement the "disable during playback" for videos only...

HiperGlow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @HiperGlow
    I could reproduce your issue, thanks again for reporting it.
    The attached version should fix you up.

I tested the use case you specified on my dev machine and smoke tested it on my production HTPC.

I will put them on the system - test them the next couple of days.

The fix works - WHEN you use the remote control (up-down-left-right)
    If you power on and do nothing the display remains blank.

But I it is much better now, because most of the time, you actually use the remote as soon as it wakes up :)[DOUBLEPOST=1399461221][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The fix works - WHEN you use the remote control (up-down-left-right)
    If you power on and do nothing the display remains blank.

But I it is much better now, because most of the time, you actually use the remote as soon as it wakes up :)

Okay, tested a few times again - now , of course, the text came on as expected ....

Last edited:

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Guys,

This is great work (y) - I gave up on using my LCD display some time ago. :cry: I'll give it a try again after I have read back through the thread to see which files I need, and which version of iMon Manager I need to re-install.

May I suggest, just for the sake of clarity for other users, if it would it be possible to maybe update post #1 with the which MP version requires which binaries and also where to put those files, and if the driver files are now included in MP 1.x. This thread is now 51 pages long (and growing) and it does get difficult to follow when reading backwards through it.

Great piece of work though..well done! :D:D

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can't edit first post, reading back is the way forward :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah the latest will only work on 1.7.1, I upgraded from 1.6 last week and it all went smoothly, I can only recommend it.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I am looking forward to 1.7.1, however as I use a special build for grabbing the Sky EPG I can only upgrade when the dev of that upgrades to 1.7.1

I'll just have to wait until then before I can get the display working. :(

HiperGlow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Stéphane, the issue with display staying black while waking up - may or may not have something to do with the full initialize not being finished by MP.

I can make it stay black if I wake HTPC with remote, but doesn't give it a display(TV) - it is first when I switch the TV to the HDMI port for HTPC that the display - displays - something.
    In mediaportal.log at 13:52:02,540 the display is still black, then TV is switched and at 13:52:03,140 the display comes on.

Another way is to simply use remote arrow up-arrow down without switching the TV HDMI port. Then the display also comes on. I will study this closer when this minidisplay code is merged with the master.

This is a minor issue I know - but someday I would like to have the Idle message being something like "Now recording <title> on <channel>" or something like that :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It could have something to do with an optimization I made that's basically not sending text to the display if it did not change. In our case since we come back from sleep we remain blank until a different text is sent. I'll look at it at some point but right I'm not changing anything unless it's critical.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom