iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is the release candidate for 1.8.
    The following should have been fixed since the beta provided earlier this week:

* WASAPI issue should be fixed (needs testing)
    * Not working 'disable when in background option' removed for now.
    * LCD line options should now be working.
    * Removed not implemented EQ mode option from EQ advanced settings.
    * Some code cleanup was done to get the whole thing ready for merge back into master.[DOUBLEPOST=1399209827][/DOUBLEPOST]
    - It is possible to have the VFD turned off authomatically when playing movies?

Yes this option could be implemented with VFD but I won't bother with it for this release. I need to wrap things up in time for 1.8 release.
    For LCD I don't think it will work, I could not find a way to turn off the bloody backlight.
    For the time being you could try using the disable options when playing, then setup your iMON Manager to turn off display when MediaPortal is running.
    Your screen should be blank.

Attachments

• MiniDisplay.zip
      647.3 KB
    Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    - Is there also a way to have a button configured on the keyboard to turn it on and off manually when I want?
    Nice idea but I won't bother with that for now.[DOUBLEPOST=1399210092][/DOUBLEPOST]
    - Is there a way to customize time format displayed? Now I have on the first line "MadiaPortal" and on the second "12:43" (for example)...how to diplay the current day/date on the first line and hours:minutes:seconds on the second one?

You could try using that 'disable when idle' option and then setup iMON Manager to display time and date the way you want.

Basically when the display is disabled in MP iMON Manager takes over thus you can implement much of the custom behavior you are looking for. In theory you could even use this feature to get iMON Manager to display the EQ for you instead of using MP built-in EQ.

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just tested 'disable during playback' to get iMON Manager EQ to kick in while watching videos and that worked great.

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Just tested with WASAPI and EQ --> now everything seems to be ok :)

For the option "disable during playback", I think it would be useful to distinguish between playing music or video

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Dear Stéphane and BassFan,

Thanks a lot for the effort you put on this! I will be more than happy to test everything this evening and let you know (of course I'm already 100% sure that things will go perfect!).

For the option "disable during playback", I think it would be useful to distinguish between playing music or video

Yes, this is also my point! ;) For listening musing is nice to read the author, title and playback time or/and the spectrum visualization (BassFan, I completely agree with you!!!! :D) but for the movies/videos it would be nice to have it turned off...I usually watch them with all the lights turned off...you know, cinema effect! :LOL:

I will try to play a little bit with the iMON Manager in order to find a good compromise while waiting for your new release Stéphane that will have also this option available!!!! ;)

Just a small addition: I have noticed that when having the MiniDiaplay plugin activated, MP startup takes around 5-8 seconds more...is this a normal behaviour or there is something that you think can be enhanced?

Last edited:

HiperGlow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have for some time had an issue with your new driver. It works perfect when it runs, but after sleep I keep getting these errors:
    [2014-05-04 12:47:52,335] [Error ] [MiniDisplay] [ERROR] - MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): CAUGHT EXCEPTION {0}

{1}

Looks like a minor bug in the error statement.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have for some time had an issue with your new driver. It works perfect when it runs, but after sleep I keep getting these errors:
    [2014-05-04 12:47:52,335] [Error ] [MiniDisplay] [ERROR] - MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): CAUGHT EXCEPTION {0}
    {1}

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    So all you do is send Windows to sleep while MP is running then wake Windows and the display won't work, right?
    Does it work again if you restart MP?

Can you state the type and model of your display?
    What do you get on the display when the error kicks in?
    Does iMON Manager takes back control of the display when Windows wakes up?

Last edited:

HiperGlow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    {1}

Thanks for reporting this issue.
    So all you do is send Windows to sleep while MP is running then wake Windows and the display won't work, right?
    Does it work again if you restart MP?

Can you state the type and model of your display?
    What do you get on the display when the error kicks in?
    Does iMON Manager takes back control of the display when Windows wakes up?

Sorry, it's a imon VFD

I use the built-in PowerScheduler, to sleep and wake-up.

Yes, restarting MP, restarts display also. The display is dark after wake-up, no messages, nothing on it - so I don't know who has control at that point.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @HiperGlow
    I could reproduce your issue, thanks again for reporting it.
    The attached version should fix you up.

I tested the use case you specified on my dev machine and smoke tested it on my production HTPC.

Attachments

• MiniDisplay.zip
      647.9 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom