iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 | Page 9

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by stefanuhrig, April 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1stdead

1stdead Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +139 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Re: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Confirmed working! :D

Confirmed working! :D

Now just codec, speaker setup is missing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rob Hexenmeister
    • Premium Supporter

Rob Hexenmeister MP Donator

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs

Case: Origen S10

After having followed the instructions to the letter and having no joy, I accidentally stumbled on a solution which so far has seen everything working fine.

I turned off UAC in control panel, applied the settings and restarted the HTPC. Loaded up Media Portal. Display now working. Exit Media Portal, reinstated UAC and restarted my system. I have no idea how or what this resolved, but it did, and my display is still operational. Very happy.

4. Cinnabuns

Cinnabuns Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America

I'm happy you got it working. I'll add your alternative instructions to my post in case anyone else has the same problems.

5. Cananas

Cananas Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Spain Spain

I tried it yesterday. The test in the minidisplay mediaportal pluging was OK. It shown "minidisplay" in the LCD, so it thought all was ok.

After set the imon and mediaportal to work in non administrator mode, I ran mediaportal. The LCD only shown the date (previously shown before run mediaportal (Shown by imon manager, because you know, it's set to automatic).

When I navigate by the menus, it doesn't show the menu or whatever other thing than de freeze date. If I set music, it doesn't show the name, etc. Only when I select a tv channel, the display changes to show the name of the channel.

The bars (above and below) and icons work ok for me (during a mp3 playback, the bars indicates the length of the song, and the icon "Music" is lighted).

Is there anyone with the same problems, or and I the only one that don't see the menus, mp3 tittles, etc in the LCD?

I'm using the MP 1.2 beta and the lasted imon manager version (1.03.xxx, if I remember correctly).

6. ninja 12
    • Premium Supporter

ninja 12 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ireland Ireland
    Show System Specs

I just tried the LCD Version , and it's working fine for me :D

Win 7 x64 , current Imon Manager and a Silverstone CW-02 with Soundgraph LCD .

According to chemelli in this post - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/736849-post605.html , Imon / Soundgraph support will be officially added to MiniDisplay when both the Soundgraph display api and remote api have been released .

According to Soundgraph , the remote api is still due to be released on Wednesday ,June 29th ( will they keep to this date ? )

What will happen to your version if / when this happens ?

7. 1stdead

1stdead Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +139 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark

I think Chemelli is so busy with irl life that it will take some time before he will have a look on it. Anyways I don't know what he has in mind. Perhaps a imon plugin for both display and remote? Better to have him explain this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chluz

Chluz Portal Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0

Fact is, usually imon remotes have bad reception anyways. I switched my remote to a standard mce, now I can zap from across the room : way better and it only cost me 15 bucks for a better remote and ir receiver.
    The imon screen however, is a bit complicated and expensive to replace...

I'm definitly glad someone decided to adress this issue. Thanks again Cinnabuns and stefanuhrig !:D

9. chemelli
    • Premium Supporter

chemelli Retired Team Member

Activation Manager - Cloud Services
    Ratings:
    +1,127 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy

Quite easy: I want to use the new API for MiniDisplay and for IRSS so that I get rid of all those rever engeeniering arround firmware versions.

BUT as I explained so many time, I'll start the job ( or maybe reuse the code from that thread if author allows ) only once I can do the job at 360° and not only half of it.

Simone

• Like Like x 3
  10. 1stdead

1stdead Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +139 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark

Indeed IMON remote sucks. I'm happy MCE remote is working with mine through irss.

You're lurking around ;) Well lets see if Soundgraph really release the remote api first.

11. Cinnabuns

Cinnabuns Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America

I can't speak for stefanuhrig, but feel free to re-use any portions of code that I've added.

Do you see anything in your error.log file (I'm not at home right now so I don't remember exactly where it is, but it's under something like C:\Program Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\logs\)? You can post that if you do. Adding better logging is on my to-do list, but any errors should be logged automatically. I likely won't have much time to do much more work on the driver until this weekend (and maybe Soundgraph will have released their remote API and chemelli would've finished integrating everything by then :D)

Nothing :p

I'll let chemelli and team take over from there. This is just a temporary solution until IMON LCD support can find a permanent home in MiniDisplay / IRSS or some other plugin. If chemelli finds our code useful then maybe it can help speed up his development.

Until official support for it comes out, I'll probably try to at least get the codec icons working (maybe speaker icons too, but I'm just now playing with DirectSound and BASS.NET for the first time and it'll take me a while to get that sorted out).

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!