iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Re: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Also concluding it works perfectly!

However one small issue. Doesn't display "æ","ø","å", instead it shows #.. Could you come up with an solution?

Yes. I've updated my original post with a fix. Let me know if that works for you.

The original VFD code had to make special exceptions for multi-byte characters, but the LCD api actually natively supports multi-byte characters, so I just had to stop using the non-ASCII character replacement code for LCDs.

Confirmed working! :D

I've added support for displaying the media type (such as music, video, CD, etc...) and progress indicator (the little rows of icons just above and below the main text display). You can find the files in my original post.

Confirmed working! :D

Now just codec, speaker setup is missing.

Rob Hexenmeister

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 12, 2011
    Slaithwaite
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Case: Origen S10

After having followed the instructions to the letter and having no joy, I accidentally stumbled on a solution which so far has seen everything working fine.

I turned off UAC in control panel, applied the settings and restarted the HTPC. Loaded up Media Portal. Display now working. Exit Media Portal, reinstated UAC and restarted my system. I have no idea how or what this resolved, but it did, and my display is still operational. Very happy.

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Case: Origen S10

After having followed the instructions to the letter and having no joy, I accidentally stumbled on a solution which so far has seen everything working fine.

I turned off UAC in control panel, applied the settings and restarted the HTPC. Loaded up Media Portal. Display now working. Exit Media Portal, reinstated UAC and restarted my system. I have no idea how or what this resolved, but it did, and my display is still operational. Very happy.

I'm happy you got it working. I'll add your alternative instructions to my post in case anyone else has the same problems.

Cananas

Portal Member
    April 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Tried it and works. As said before, its only missing the symbol support (elapsed time, recording etc). Also, currently it shows the menu section in which you are. The previous driver version for minidisplay with imon 7.64 and under showed 2 lines with the menu section at the top, and the currently highlighted item at the bottom. I understand that the new api only allows for 1 line. Would it be possible for it to show the current menu for 1 second, and then switch to the currently highlited item every time you change menu, or show the highlighted item followed by the current menu with scrolling if necessary ?

I tried it yesterday. The test in the minidisplay mediaportal pluging was OK. It shown "minidisplay" in the LCD, so it thought all was ok.

After set the imon and mediaportal to work in non administrator mode, I ran mediaportal. The LCD only shown the date (previously shown before run mediaportal (Shown by imon manager, because you know, it's set to automatic).

When I navigate by the menus, it doesn't show the menu or whatever other thing than de freeze date. If I set music, it doesn't show the name, etc. Only when I select a tv channel, the display changes to show the name of the channel.

The bars (above and below) and icons work ok for me (during a mp3 playback, the bars indicates the length of the song, and the icon "Music" is lighted).

Is there anyone with the same problems, or and I the only one that don't see the menus, mp3 tittles, etc in the LCD?

I'm using the MP 1.2 beta and the lasted imon manager version (1.03.xxx, if I remember correctly).

ninja 12

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland

I just tried the LCD Version , and it's working fine for me :D

Win 7 x64 , current Imon Manager and a Silverstone CW-02 with Soundgraph LCD .

According to chemelli in this post - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/736849-post605.html , Imon / Soundgraph support will be officially added to MiniDisplay when both the Soundgraph display api and remote api have been released .

According to Soundgraph , the remote api is still due to be released on Wednesday ,June 29th ( will they keep to this date ? )

[Release Target] Jun. 29, 2011 (Not Fixed)
    1. [New
    Feature] iMON Remote Control API

What will happen to your version if / when this happens ?

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I think Chemelli is so busy with irl life that it will take some time before he will have a look on it. Anyways I don't know what he has in mind. Perhaps a imon plugin for both display and remote? Better to have him explain this.

Chluz

Portal Member
    April 20, 2011

Fact is, usually imon remotes have bad reception anyways. I switched my remote to a standard mce, now I can zap from across the room : way better and it only cost me 15 bucks for a better remote and ir receiver.
    The imon screen however, is a bit complicated and expensive to replace...

I'm definitly glad someone decided to adress this issue. Thanks again Cinnabuns and stefanuhrig !:D

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

I think Chemelli is so busy with irl life that it will take some time before he will have a look on it. Anyways I don't know what he has in mind. Perhaps a imon plugin for both display and remote? Better to have him explain this.

Quite easy: I want to use the new API for MiniDisplay and for IRSS so that I get rid of all those rever engeeniering arround firmware versions.

BUT as I explained so many time, I'll start the job ( or maybe reuse the code from that thread if author allows ) only once I can do the job at 360° and not only half of it.

Simone

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Fact is, usually imon remotes have bad reception anyways. I switched my remote to a standard mce, now I can zap from across the room : way better and it only cost me 15 bucks for a better remote and ir receiver.
    The imon screen however, is a bit complicated and expensive to replace...

Indeed IMON remote sucks. I'm happy MCE remote is working with mine through irss.

Quite easy: I want to use the new API for MiniDisplay and for IRSS so that I get rid of all those rever engeeniering arround firmware versions.

BUT as I explained so many time, I'll start the job ( or maybe reuse the code from that thread if author allows ) only once I can do the job at 360° and not only half of it.

Simone

You're lurking around ;) Well lets see if Soundgraph really release the remote api first.

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Simone

I can't speak for stefanuhrig, but feel free to re-use any portions of code that I've added.

Is there anyone with the same problems, or and I the only one that don't see the menus, mp3 tittles, etc in the LCD?

I'm using the MP 1.2 beta and the lasted imon manager version (1.03.xxx, if I remember correctly).

Do you see anything in your error.log file (I'm not at home right now so I don't remember exactly where it is, but it's under something like C:\Program Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\logs\)? You can post that if you do. Adding better logging is on my to-do list, but any errors should be logged automatically. I likely won't have much time to do much more work on the driver until this weekend (and maybe Soundgraph will have released their remote API and chemelli would've finished integrating everything by then :D)

What will happen to your version if / when this happens ?

Nothing :p

I'll let chemelli and team take over from there. This is just a temporary solution until IMON LCD support can find a permanent home in MiniDisplay / IRSS or some other plugin. If chemelli finds our code useful then maybe it can help speed up his development.

Until official support for it comes out, I'll probably try to at least get the codec icons working (maybe speaker icons too, but I'm just now playing with DirectSound and BASS.NET for the first time and it'll take me a while to get that sorted out).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom