iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcrawler

Portal Member
May 2, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Re: AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

@1stdead,dreamcrawler: The SoundGraph API supports LCD as well. However, I would have to implement it blindly. If you volunteer as testers, we can give it a try.

I'm ready for an in depth testing myself, I will report all the settings tried and retults obtained. Thanks in advance

Chluz

Portal Member
April 20, 2011
Re: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Hello guy. I'm also very interested in the LCD version (antec micro fusion case) and am willing to beta test new drivers ! thanks for the work you are putting into this :D

stefanuhrig

Portal Member
April 17, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Deda: I've updated the driver to replace unsupported characters. Thanks for reporting the issue.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey,

really really thanks for this little nice patch =) But I have a little issue with it oO...
    I copied all 3 files into the MP root directory and replaced the MiniDisplayLibrary.dll (you mentioned in your first post the MiniDisplay.dll, but there is non in your zip file )
    I can choose the driver, but can't click the ok button :( (-> screenshot)

Do you have an idea? I'm using MP 1.1.2 Alpha and have no servicepack installed, Imon runs in admin mode, MP config too... And I have of course the latest Imon version and also tried to restart the HTPC, no luck :(

I have only one custom file in the MP directory: TsReader.ax, but I think taht couldn't be the issue, because I can click the ok button if I choose a different driver..

log is attached, too ;)

Attachments

• MiniDisplayPatchIssue.png
      MiniDisplayPatchIssue.png
      82.8 KB

stefanuhrig

Portal Member
    April 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi FreakyJ,

it seems you have a LCD display:

Code:
    2011-04-23 13:53:32.542212 [Info.][Config Main(1)]: ImonVfd.IsDisabled: Only VFDs are supported
    2011-04-23 13:53:32.542212 [ERROR][Config Main(1)]: ImonVfd.IsDisabled: Only VFDs are supported

Up to now the driver supports VFD displays only... Many users have already asked for LCD support. I'm working on that, but it will take some time...

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Wow nice, I will give this a try!!

I have to add one comment: The graph equaliezer is always running when I'm running windows mediacenter by example. Also when watch tv, or play dvd. (only when not using S/PDIF) So that would make it for me much better.. But: Take your time!

Grtz

munklefish

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2006

I know people are having a lot of trouble with iMon & MP, so hopefully my experiences may help some folks.

I've got one of the older iMon displays and Ive had it running on 3 different systems over the last 5+ years.

Each time i return to MP I have the problem of my VFD not working, then after a period of trying to remember how to get it working, I ultimately remember and get the thing working.

Essentially -in my experience- this works:

1) Install your VFD with the latest iMon software in full.
    2) Reboot to complete installation
    3) Uninstall the software. This leaves the drivers in tact but removes the crappy frontview software
    4) Configure you vfd via the MediaPortal mini-display configuration.

I'm not saying this wil work for everyone / every version but it always works for me, and I've read various forum posts saying this works for others too.

Hope this helps a few people get the damn thing working.

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Great!I'm also willing to test the LCD Version, because I'm an (un)happy user of an Antec Fusion V2 with LCD. Perhaps this will be the solution!

stefanuhrig

Portal Member
    April 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

@LCD owners who like to support me:

In order to develop support for LCD displays I need some further information on the behaviour of the LCD display. Can someone with a LCD display test the following:
    1. Download the iMON Display API (http://download.soundgraph.com/path/API/iMON_Display_API_1_00_0929.zip) and unpack it
    2. Go to the API folder and execute DisplayTest.exe
    3. Push button "Init Plug-in"
    4. Enter a long text (one that will not fit into the LCD) into the textfield in the "LCD Display" section and press "Send Text"
    5. The LCD display should now start to display the text. It should scroll automatically.

I have the following questions:
    1. Does the display scroll continuously or does it stop scrolling after the text has been displayed for one time?
    2. Does the display use a proportational or a fixed font (each character has the same width in a fixed font, in a proportational font character widths are different, e.g. you can display more 'I's than 'O's on the LCD at the same time)?
    3. If the font is fixed: How many characters can be displayed on the LCD?
    4. Does the LCD support other characters than ASCII (like German umlauts, Cyrillic, Chinese, Japanese characters)?

Thanks for your support :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom