iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
August 2, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Yep, Tested and It works so you are on the right track.

One cool thing: It displays the font format and size I set on IMON.

Now go for the icons, upper and lower bars etc.

Good work in any case!

:D

Thanks. I'm hoping to have some time this weekend to add support for the icons and bars.

mcrob83

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 10, 2009
    St.Marienkirchen, Eferding
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

Tried it last night and it's running very well!Thanks!That is, what I've been looking for for nearly two years! Looking forward for further improvements!

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Also concluding it works perfectly!

However one small issue. Doesn't display "æ","ø","å", instead it shows #.. Could you come up with an solution?

Chluz

Portal Member
    April 20, 2011

Tried it and works. As said before, its only missing the symbol support (elapsed time, recording etc). Also, currently it shows the menu section in which you are. The previous driver version for minidisplay with imon 7.64 and under showed 2 lines with the menu section at the top, and the currently highlighted item at the bottom. I understand that the new api only allows for 1 line. Would it be possible for it to show the current menu for 1 second, and then switch to the currently highlited item every time you change menu, or show the highlighted item followed by the current menu with scrolling if necessary ?

Thanks again ! excellent work !!

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2009
    Home Country

Also concluding it works perfectly!

However one small issue. Doesn't display "æ","ø","å", instead it shows #.. Could you come up with an solution?

Yes. I've updated my original post with a fix. Let me know if that works for you.

The original VFD code had to make special exceptions for multi-byte characters, but the LCD api actually natively supports multi-byte characters, so I just had to stop using the non-ASCII character replacement code for LCDs.

Tried it and works. As said before, its only missing the symbol support (elapsed time, recording etc). Also, currently it shows the menu section in which you are. The previous driver version for minidisplay with imon 7.64 and under showed 2 lines with the menu section at the top, and the currently highlighted item at the bottom. I understand that the new api only allows for 1 line. Would it be possible for it to show the current menu for 1 second, and then switch to the currently highlited item every time you change menu, or show the highlighted item followed by the current menu with scrolling if necessary ?

Thanks again ! excellent work !!

Somehow displaying the 2nd line information is on my to-do list. But first I'm going to try to tackle the icons and such because it's probably easier :p

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2009
    Home Country

I've added support for displaying the media type (such as music, video, CD, etc...) and progress indicator (the little rows of icons just above and below the main text display). You can find the files in my original post.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

create =) But it doesn't show the current progress of a Tv Show right? Is it a problem of MiniDisplay or is it a driver problem? :) I hadn't used minidisplay before so I don't know it's behavior^^

Cinnabuns

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

create =) But it doesn't show the current progress of a Tv Show right? Is it a problem of MiniDisplay or is it a driver problem? :) I hadn't used minidisplay before so I don't know it's behavior^^

I haven't used MiniDisplay before either. :oops: I never had a system that worked with the various old drivers / iMON versions floating around.

The current behavior of the driver is that it queries the native player when it's playing video or music for the progress of the song/video. Live (and recorded?) TV may not work in this scenario. Also, external players probably won't work with the icons/progress bar.

Last update before I go to sleep:

The LCD driver now displays line 2 text when line 1 is empty. This works out quite well on screens where you have to scroll through different items (at least it does on the MyAnime2 and Trailers plugins).

My original post has been updated with the latest binaries.

Chluz

Portal Member
    April 20, 2011
    Re: AW: iMON VFD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3

I haven't used MiniDisplay before either. :oops: I never had a system that worked with the various old drivers / iMON versions floating around.

The current behavior of the driver is that it queries the native player when it's playing video or music for the progress of the song/video. Live (and recorded?) TV may not work in this scenario. Also, external players probably won't work with the icons/progress bar.

Last update before I go to sleep:

The LCD driver now displays line 2 text when line 1 is empty. This works out quite well on screens where you have to scroll through different items (at least it does on the MyAnime2 and Trailers plugins).

My original post has been updated with the latest binaries.

Just tested it and it works great.
    What the progress bar shows you for live tv is the current position within the timeshift video I think. From what i remember, that's how it was shown in the previous plugin as well.

The second line funciton is great, although it only works in trailers (i don't have myanime2). I suppose these are the plugins which don't have any first line information. It would be awesome if this function could be implemented in every menu, ie show the second line continuously 1 second after the first line has been shown.

Great work !! Thanks again

Craymel

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

thanks dude! it works great

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom