Implemented Non-Linear (Smart) Stretching of 4:3->16:9 (2 Viewers)

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi patricon.

A feature freeze means no new feature ;)
    With other words. All changes that are done to the SVN right now should be bugfixes only. New features are simply to risky because they potentially break to much other stuff.

Bye
    Lars

patricon

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I understand. But i'm afraid that we must wait patiently for several months until the new version comes out... Can't this feature be released as a plugin or anything simmilar??

thanks,

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No. Not as far as I know.
    The plugin api of MP1 is to simple for something like that... I guess.

CU
    Lars

noxx2

Portal Pro
    September 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

For thouse of your how wants a patch for the last build 17383.. I have add an attachment..
    1.- Includes the NonLinear aspect radio patch
    2.- MCE Services does are not begging stoped when you start Mp---

Ones you install last SVN build 17383, you must copy the content of the zip file to the MP Folder.

Hope this works for you
    Iosu
    Note : this works for english version if you want another version you need to change string on \language\strings_xx.xml

i test your file, it works, i mean i ve no error message in myTV. but if i try the "new" zoom mode, i get Coneheads. i dont think that is that what the plugin should do, or?

HKMe

Portal Member
    August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    With respect to the screenshot: what is the easiest way to take one in MP? I use MP in fullscreen and allways on top (and my MCE keyboard doesn't have the 'print screen' key).

Other than 'print screen' i have no idea...
    You can always take a real picture, but that may not show much...

Hi there, this is a great feature, but I'm experiencing the same issue as pioneer74 - the screen is broken into vertical sections that appear improperly aligned. I've looked closely, and it appears that there is a vertical section of the screen missing between the sections (e.g. if the screen were only 23 pixels wide, then it's as if it's only showing column 1,2,3,4,5,6,10,11,12,13,14,16,20,21,22,23)

I took some photos, which are attached below. The first shows the whole screen with the two main problem areas higlighted and the remaining photos show zoomed in images of the affected areas.

I'm using build 17383 and my graphics card is the GeForce 7300GS (driver version 9.1.3.1).

Let me know if I can help with any additional info.

Attachments

• one.jpg
      one.jpg
      84.7 KB
    • two_a.jpg
      two_a.jpg
      410.1 KB
    • two_b.jpg
      two_b.jpg
      632.7 KB
    • three_a.jpg
      three_a.jpg
      490.1 KB
    • three_b.jpg
      three_b.jpg
      485.8 KB

ol263

Portal Member
    March 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    With respect to the screenshot: what is the easiest way to take one in MP? I use MP in fullscreen and allways on top (and my MCE keyboard doesn't have the 'print screen' key).

Other than 'print screen' i have no idea...
    You can always take a real picture, but that may not show much...

Hi there, this is a great feature, but I'm experiencing the same issue as pioneer74 - the screen is broken into vertical sections that appear improperly aligned. I've looked closely, and it appears that there is a vertical section of the screen missing between the sections (e.g. if the screen were only 23 pixels wide, then it's as if it's only showing column 1,2,3,4,5,6,10,11,12,13,14,16,20,21,22,23)

I took some photos, which are attached below. The first shows the whole screen with the two main problem areas higlighted and the remaining photos show zoomed in images of the affected areas.

I'm using build 17383 and my graphics card is the GeForce 7300GS (driver version 9.1.3.1).

Let me know if I can help with any additional info.

Hi, I actually saw this same issue as well when I tried it on a 7100GS card.
    The same setup with a newer card didn't cause it to happen.

Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done about it, at least not using the method it is currently implemented in. (Not to get too technical but currently each horizontal part is rendered separately, and as it seems, in older graphics cards those parts do not always seamlessly connect, maybe has something to do with the specific scaling algorithm implemented in the card, I can only guess).

I'm not sure how they're going to implement it in MP2 but it will probably be different and cleaner and hopefully will solve this issue.
    There isn't much I can do about it currently, sorry.

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP II comes with its own advanced non-linear zoom mode.

It was already implemented in the first tech demo.

CU
    Lars

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom