Import .gz file in EPG

Discussion in 'xmlTV' started by qzem, September 24, 2015.

1. qzem

qzem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hello!

I don't know if this xmltv plugin is still being developed. I am using it for my EPG. But there is a problem I have a source on the internet which provides epg in formaz .gz inside this archive there is xml file, so what I need to do is download the file and first extract it then import it to xmltv. My question here is, if it is possible that xmltv will support such format in future, or if there is any other plugin I can use instead. It is very frustrating that I have to manually import my epg every two days.

Thanks!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Edalex
    • Premium Supporter

Edalex Community Plugin Dev

Ratings:
    +1,223 / 9
    Home Country:
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Show System Specs
    Hello, I thought xmltv could unpack zip files. What's the behaviour with gz? just failing?
    It's not hard to write script for unpacking gz since anyway you probably have script for autodownloading xmltv. (or maybe I'm wrong and xmltv could autodownload new listings itself :confused:)

4. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,200 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It may already support it.

It can. :)

It can. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. qzem

qzem New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Slovenia Slovenia
    @Edalex @mm1352000

Thanks for your answers. The thing is that if I set url path to .gz file, I get an error when xmltv tries to import the guide(import failed or something like that). That's why I thought that gz files are not supported. At the momet I do the procedure with ps1 script that auto downloads the gz file and unpacks it to my local disk. In media portla TV server I setup local path to xml file, so it get the unpacked xml. But since there are only two possible scheduling options (download when tv server starts-but only once a day or download at certain time of the day) sometimes the file imported is not the latest file. You see the EPG is download is only for two days and I don't have my TV server pc always on, and because of that it often happens that after two days the xml file is to old, and I have to manually start downloading script and then also manually start import process.

Should I provide packed epg file so you can test it why it would unpack in xmltv itself?

Last edited: September 25, 2015
  6. kmarkot
    • Premium Supporter

kmarkot MP Donator

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Poland Poland
    Last edited: December 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!