Import .gz file in EPG (1 Viewer)

qzem

September 24, 2015
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Hello!

I don't know if this xmltv plugin is still being developed. I am using it for my EPG. But there is a problem I have a source on the internet which provides epg in formaz .gz inside this archive there is xml file, so what I need to do is download the file and first extract it then import it to xmltv. My question here is, if it is possible that xmltv will support such format in future, or if there is any other plugin I can use instead. It is very frustrating that I have to manually import my epg every two days.

Thanks!

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hello, I thought xmltv could unpack zip files. What's the behaviour with gz? just failing?
    It's not hard to write script for unpacking gz since anyway you probably have script for autodownloading xmltv. (or maybe I'm wrong and xmltv could autodownload new listings itself :confused:)

qzem

September 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    @Edalex @mm1352000

Thanks for your answers. The thing is that if I set url path to .gz file, I get an error when xmltv tries to import the guide(import failed or something like that). That's why I thought that gz files are not supported. At the momet I do the procedure with ps1 script that auto downloads the gz file and unpacks it to my local disk. In media portla TV server I setup local path to xml file, so it get the unpacked xml. But since there are only two possible scheduling options (download when tv server starts-but only once a day or download at certain time of the day) sometimes the file imported is not the latest file. You see the EPG is download is only for two days and I don't have my TV server pc always on, and because of that it often happens that after two days the xml file is to old, and I have to manually start downloading script and then also manually start import process.

Should I provide packed epg file so you can test it why it would unpack in xmltv itself?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom