Import stuck (1 Viewer)

kayosfrawg

Portal Member
September 25, 2021
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am kind of at my wits end, I have been working on this since Friday using TMM to manage the data files and then trying to import into mp 2, version 2.3

The import of my media is stuck at 66%. It was stuck at 50% until I removed and then readded the media sources one by one this morning. It shows that they are fully done, but clearly they are not as I don't have the descriptions of most movies and TV shows, not to mention I have updated the artwork using TMM and there is some old art that has been replaced that is still showing.

The media sources are on another computer running the server and are direct attachments to the server drives S and M. Server is using the same version of MP2 as the client.

I have attached the client logs and a couple screen shots showing no art, every recent TV episode import, and old art, the 21 jump street poster I have updated from Russian to English. It also looks like MP2 uses the keyart if available then poster for movies don't know if that is just my issue or intentional. Can it be changed if intentional?

Hopefully someone can help cause I am so stuck right now.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Attachments

• Movies Home.PNG
    Movies Home.PNG
    2.7 MB
  • serials home.PNG
    serials home.PNG
    662.4 KB
  • MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-09-27-11.20.53.zip
    128.2 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am kind of at my wits end, I have been working on this since Friday using TMM to manage the data files and then trying to import into mp 2, version 2.3
    Please use latest version 2.3.2 Download MediaPortal for free! - MEDIAPORTAL

have attached the client logs
    Server logs are needed in case of import issues.
    Did you turn off online sources before import? to really only import from local (the ones you prepared with tMM)?
    1632927078521.png

Also I recommend following setting:
    1632927141896.png

Additionally it's wise to install only one category at once, not audio, series, movies, ... all at once.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have attached the client logs and a couple screen shots showing no art, every recent TV episode import, and old art, the 21 jump street poster I have updated from Russian to English. It also looks like MP2 uses the keyart if available then poster for movies don't know if that is just my issue or intentional. Can it be changed if intentional?
    It's not intentional and fixed with next version 2.4. Preferrence will be on posters instead of keyart.

kayosfrawg

Portal Member
    September 25, 2021
    Home Country
    Thank you for your replies. I was using 2.3.2, but in case I had messed something up I uninstalled both server and client, then deleted remaining Team Media Portal folders in both program files and program data on both computers.

I have reinstalled, applied the recommended settings, and I am importing one source at a time. That seems to be working, the movies are all done, now waiting on TV shows, but it seems to be progressing.

kayosfrawg

Portal Member
    September 25, 2021
    Home Country
    So the importing has finished and that is great, but I have a couple of instances where there are two seasons of a show because one or more episodes aren't grouped with all the others from the same season. They are grouped together in TMM and I can't see any reason why there would be a second instance of the season.

Also most of my movies don't show their plot synopsis now. The synopsis is there in TMM, so I am not sure why it isn't showing up.

I have attached screenshots and logs from client and server.

Attachments

• Adrenalin has a synopsis.PNG
      Adrenalin has a synopsis.PNG
      3.2 MB
    • BBT Multiple.PNG
      BBT Multiple.PNG
      3.6 MB
    • No Plot 2.PNG
      No Plot 2.PNG
      3.8 MB
    • No Plot.PNG
      No Plot.PNG
      4 MB
    • MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-09-30-17.26.27.zip
      122.8 KB
    • MediaPortal2-Server-Logs-2021-09-30-17.34.40.zip
      3.6 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So the importing has finished and that is great, but I have a couple of instances where there are two seasons of a show because one or more episodes aren't grouped with all the others from the same season. They are grouped together in TMM and I can't see any reason why there would be a second instance of the season.

Also most of my movies don't show their plot synopsis now. The synopsis is there in TMM, so I am not sure why it isn't showing up.

I have attached screenshots and logs from client and server.
    Please add server sources not with local pathes "S:\", but network pathes "\\Network-address\Firefly".
    [2021-09-29 22:20:40,517] [14211635] [144 ] [ERROR] - MediaLibrary: Error adding or updating media item(s) in path '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///S:/Firefly/Firefly.2002.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR/Firefly.2002.Ep12.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR.mkv'
    Additonally our server logs are full of network write/read errors:
    [2021-09-29 18:26:11,939] [143057 ] [91 ] [ERROR] - Warn.: UPnP: Could not enter read lock. Caller: at UPnP.Infrastructure.ReadContext..ctor(ReaderWriterLockSlim rwLock, Int32 timeout)
    at UPnP.Infrastructure.CP.SSDP.SSDPClientController.OnSSDPMulticastReceive(IAsyncResult ar)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
    at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
    at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
    @henso Do you have an idea what causes the errors above?
    The error could be related to the path, but please also check following:
    • Deactive IPv6 support in settings (General -> Connectivity -> Use IPv6)
    • Make sure you provided network credentials for your shares (It's mandatory. In case of no password, just leave them empty, but keep the check mark to activate them) (Media sources -> Network credentials)

kayosfrawg

Portal Member
    September 25, 2021
    Home Country
    Hi again, I have made the suggested changes and run it for a few days. I still don't see the plots for my movies. I have attached new server and client logs.

I am still getting multiple seasons and sometimes multiple shows, see screenshots for examples, though Star Trek voyager seems to have consolidated itself. Also movies are going missing, I had Oceans 8, 11, 12, and 13 yesterday and today only 11 and 12. Same thing with pirates of the Caribbean I had all 5 in the library yesterday today only 3.

I also have been getting a weird issue with the title of the media when in the player, please see attached screenshot. And now weirdest of all there is some audio issue. Sometimes the volume will get really quiet or loud in the middle of watching something and I can fix/trigger a change in the volume by changing from windowed to full screen or vice-versa. Should I report these two issues in another thread?

Attachments

• Messed up titles.PNG
      Messed up titles.PNG
      3.7 MB
    • BBT Multiple.PNG
      BBT Multiple.PNG
      3.6 MB
    • Multiple Voyager.PNG
      Multiple Voyager.PNG
      272 KB
    • MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-10-04-18.18.33.zip
      251.4 KB
    • MediaPortal2-server-Logs-2021-10-04-18.19.03.zip
      7.5 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again, I have made the suggested changes and run it for a few days. I still don't see the plots for my movies. I have attached new server and client logs.

I am still getting multiple seasons and sometimes multiple shows, see screenshots for examples, though Star Trek voyager seems to have consolidated itself. Also movies are going missing, I had Oceans 8, 11, 12, and 13 yesterday and today only 11 and 12. Same thing with pirates of the Caribbean I had all 5 in the library yesterday today only 3.

I also have been getting a weird issue with the title of the media when in the player, please see attached screenshot. And now weirdest of all there is some audio issue. Sometimes the volume will get really quiet or loud in the middle of watching something and I can fix/trigger a change in the volume by changing from windowed to full screen or vice-versa. Should I report these two issues in another thread?
    The network issues are unfortunately still present. Have you set the share path correctly? "//\\kayos-srv-acq\s/..." seems not correct. Checking my logs I have something like this "\\HTPC-SERVER\Video\Movies\"

Your client is also full or errors related to network connection losses, probably this is also the cause for the other random issues.

I see, that your server was not restarted after applying the changes. Can you try following:
    1. Remove all shares in client
    2. Stop the server and start it again
    3. Add one share (e.g. movies) as server source (not client source) from file tree explorer (this ensures the correct path is used)
    4. Trigger an import and wait
    @morpheus_xx could you take a look into the UPnP issues. I've not seen that and aove does not help, I won't have another clue what's wrong.

kayosfrawg

Portal Member
    September 25, 2021
    Home Country
    So after removing the shares and restarting the server, the Mediaportal server service keeps crashing and I can't keep the client connected long enough to do an import. all I get when I try to start the service is a 1067 error, process terminated unexpectedly. I have attached the server logs.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-server-Logs-2021-10-05-18.07.03.zip
      216.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom