Importer not working after wakeup (1 Viewer)

lfs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2009
    Hi,

Everytime my HTPC wakes up from sleep the importer(local scan) won't run. See log attachment for error message displayed in the log when I try to manually run it via the context menu.

I'm not so sure this is just me or if it's worth bug reporting so if anyone else is experiencing this issue , please do tell :)

This is using a clean install of MP 1.2.1 + Streamed MP + MPTV-Series 3.1.1

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I can also say I am having this issue.
    Runnin 1.2.1 with latest MP-TVSeries

Auto importer (scan series folder) not importing shows automatically.
    I need to manually run it through MP-TV Config

This is kind of a pain as I need to close down MP and remote to my server to import (no keyboard and mouse)

lfs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2009
    I'm still bugged by this, my workaround has been enabling "restart mediaportal on resume" (general settings).

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    For some reason your systems dont recieve the windows event for resume from standby. This is critical for the importer to work after resume, so there is something interfering with this...possibly a bug with windows (make sure you are 100% up to date), maybe some other software or plugin interferring.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    For some reason your systems dont recieve the windows event for resume from standby. This is critical for the importer to work after resume, so there is something interfering with this...possibly a bug with windows (make sure you are 100% up to date), maybe some other software or plugin interferring.

I already told this to SilentException but the problem started out of nowhere after updating to MP 1.2 and newer TVSeries. Nothing has changed in my system (same PC for years) and I've never had this problem before so I'm quite sure the problem is in the MP/TVSeries code.

I was not able to reproduce this with debug logging on so it makes this even harder to troubleshoot.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This code in question hasn't changed for a very long time, so its not in tvseries code. As said earlier this is an event from windows not tvseries, if we dont receive it then not much we can do except for adding work arounds. Updating to MP12 means a lot as has changed for you (both in mediaportal and plugins), so you have a bit of detective work on your hands.

You can even try building yourself a app that logs resume/suspend events outside of mediaportal to see if it works. There is probably something like that already available on the web if you look, but since your a dev it shouldn't be too hard for you ;)

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have managed to reproduce the problem. It seems this problem only appears after automatic resume, this morning around 8:30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom