Importing movie data (1 Viewer)

mjn

Portal Member
September 20, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
I'm not sure we support that folder structure with nfo files, fanart etc. I will have to check, but I don't have time before Sunday.

What is wrong with it? Not sure i could simplify it any further?

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    What is wrong with it? Not sure i could simplify it any further?
    I think the nfo file and fanart need to be place a level higher. So the folder "Movie" (containing the "VIDEO_TS" folder) needs to have the nfo beside it. You could put the VIDEO_TS in a sub folder of the movie folder, so you would have: Movie -> DVD -> VIDEO_TS. In the Movie folder you could then place nfo and fanart files. Could you try that?
    VIDEO_TS files are normally found on DVD discs where there is no nfo files or fanart and the importer presumes a VIDEO_TS folder is on a disc, so it won't look for nfo/fanart there.

mjn

Portal Member
    September 20, 2018
    Home Country
    I think the nfo file and fanart need to be place a level higher. So the folder "Movie" (containing the "VIDEO_TS" folder) needs to have the nfo beside it. You could put the VIDEO_TS in a sub folder of the movie folder, so you would have: Movie -> DVD -> VIDEO_TS. In the Movie folder you could then place nfo and fanart files. Could you try that?
    VIDEO_TS files are normally found on DVD discs where there is no nfo files or fanart and the importer presumes a VIDEO_TS folder is on a disc, so it won't look for nfo/fanart there.

Ok, will have a play with folder structure tomorrow.

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ok, will have a play with folder structure tomorrow.
    Maybe try with: "Movie (2018)" -> "Movie" -> "VIDEO_TS". In the "Movie (2018)" folder you place: "Movie.nfo", "fanart.jpg" and "poster.jpg". The sub folder and the nfo file must have the same name ("Movie" and "Movie.nfo"). The year on the top folder helps online detection if no nfo file is available.
    I also think you can zip the VIDEO_TS folder into a file called "Movie.zip" and then have: "Movie (2018)" -> "Movie.zip", "Movie.nfo", "poster.jpg" etc.

mjn

Portal Member
    September 20, 2018
    Home Country

Tried that, and all the films came up as a title of "DVD" obviously taking the name of the folder direction above the VIDEO_TS folder.

mjn

Portal Member
    September 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Maybe try with: "Movie (2018)" -> "Movie" -> "VIDEO_TS". In the "Movie (2018)" folder you place: "Movie.nfo", "fanart.jpg" and "poster.jpg". The sub folder and the nfo file must have the same name ("Movie" and "Movie.nfo"). The year on the top folder helps online detection if no nfo file is available.

This seems to have done the trick. I'll let you know once i've worked my way through my collection :)

mjn

Portal Member
    September 20, 2018
    Home Country
    How can i make 2 versions of the same film appear in the movies portal?

E.g. a film with both a 2D version and a 3D version?

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I have a similar problem sometimes with the theatrical cut and an extended version of the same movie. As I am working with .nfo files for each movie or series episode my solution is to set the name in the .nfo file differently.

For example the file for the theatrical version of 'Der Medicus' contains the following:

Code:
      <title>Der Medicus</title>
      <originaltitle>The Physician</originaltitle>
      <sorttitle>Der Medicus</sorttitle>

While the .nfo file for the much longer Extended Version contains:

Code:
      <title>Der Medicus (Extended Edition)</title>
      <originaltitle>The Physician (Extended Edition)</originaltitle>
      <sorttitle>Der Medicus (Extended Edition)</sorttitle>

The same principle you could apply to your case.

Theoretically this is working. And I had it working with eralier versions. But there seems to be a bug in MP2.2 Pre and it is not working anymore.

Sorry, I need to contact the devlopers.

Cheers

Blue Max

Edit: To make it clear. If it is working as it should you will see the movie once in your movie list but upon starting it you will be presented a window where you can select either of both versions. See screenshot but with different movie.

20180715-112350.png

Last edited:

mjn

Portal Member
    September 20, 2018
    Home Country
    Ok.....so i have 99% of my films imported. Excellent. However, whilst my DVD films (Video_TS format) play no problems, my Blu-Ray films (BMDV / Certificate format) crashes MP2 back to the desktop.

Do i need an external player for Blu-Ray? If so, what about HD-DVD images?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom