Importing new Episodes during recording, possible ? (1 Viewer)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello, it is possible that new episodes will be imported during the recording? Soe as is the case in Moving Pictures? Currently this is only possible when MpTVSeries after shooting, or there during the recording must be started manually import.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    You have multiple settings to control when auto imports are done, have you verified them all?

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I have verified all them. These are my settings :

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
      Unbenannt.png
      157.4 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Is the actual file used for the recording in the MP-TVSeries import path, unlocked or named properly to allow for a successful import?

Most files activly used to write into have a lock on them preventing other files from gaining access. It is also highly uncommon to record in the same folder as the one MP-TVSeries monitors and finally some recording solutions only apply the correct naming schema afterwards.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the actual file used for the recording in the MP-TVSeries import path, unlocked or named properly to allow for a successful import?

Most files activly used to write into have a lock on them preventing other files from gaining access. It is also highly uncommon to record in the same folder as the one MP-TVSeries monitors and finally some recording solutions only apply the correct naming schema afterwards.

Okay yes it is the same folder. And the files have the correct naming schema. In movingpictures it is the same situation and it works fine. So it must be possible. And when I use the manuell importing over the gui it work too.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello is there any news about the problem ? It is planned that this problem is solved in a new version ?

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No its not planned.

Ok, but too bad. I'll just briefly explain why I think this feature is important. 90% I'm watching a series during the recording. If I see it, however, directly in the TV function then it is marked in MpTvSeries yes no later than seen and I get no message for assessing the follow. So until then I have to open MpTVSeries and mark the result as seen and can evaluate them there too.

Currently I'm doing it but that's how I switch by carrying out a manual import into MpTVSeries and so the new episode added in MpTvSeries and I can watch the episode when shooting MpTvSeries.

I just do not understand quite why the manual Iimport works but when I set in the configuration of the MpTVseries every 2 minutes for new episodes to be searched, this does not work. What's the difference?

Perhaps you are thinking about you, did it again, and then add this feature sometime even added time. Would be nice.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Because currently it detects the file as locked, so its ignored until recording has finished.

The trakt.tv plugin supports LiveTV and RecordedTV, so assuming your TVGuide is very good and has season/episode information then you can scrobble your recordings / live TV and have it sync to TVSeries plugin when it does it's sync.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom