Improved MediaPortal Thumbnailer (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ffmpeg use " -s 640x360 " to possible to delete this ? for leave original size ?
    I think what we should do is use the value set by the thumb quality slider instead of hardcoding the value.

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok, for me ! but the height is not indicated ! : ( -s ) set final thumbnail or only "screenshot"
    i think is "screenshot" : if thumbnail is 2x2 = 640x360 x4 = 1280x720 and MP resize 1280 to 600 ( quality setting)

sorry for english ! :(

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, for me ! but the height is not indicated ! : ( -s ) set final thumbnail or only "screenshot"
    i think is "screenshot" : if thumbnail is 2x2 = 640x360 x4 = 1280x720 and MP resize 1280 to 600 ( quality setting)

sorry for english ! :(
    The used values might defer a little. But what I basically mean is to give the user the option to configure the thumb size for videos, rather than hardcoding it. I really don't like hardcoding settings. :D

Mabye this even requires a 2nd slider just for video thumbs.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Yeah,if understand
    Slider one : size Thumb (screenshot) size / number of thumb (= "mtn" setting)
    slider two : Thumbnail (final output) for use in MP and leaved in storage
    right ? why not !
    maybe an tree slider, for make Fanart ... OK go out (1st solved all issue)

and use a mtn special MP ? actually reworked by Jay_UK

For me write info in code is better ! for understand after !

Last edited:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yeah,if understand
    Slider one : size Thumb (screenshot) size
    slider two : Thumbnail (final output) for use in MP and leaved in storage
    No.

Slider one -> configure size/quality of Picture Thumbs
    Slider two -> configure size/quality of Video Thumbs

maybe an tree slider, for make Fanart ...
    Resolution of the fanart is something the scraper takes care of.

and use a mtn special MP ? actually reworked by Jay_UK
    Don't know what you mean. We have effectively removed the need for mtn.exe, which was always a big stability problem.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The used values might defer a little. But what I basically mean is to give the user the option to configure the thumb size for videos, rather than hardcoding it. I really don't like hardcoding settings. :D

The 'old' mtn code had 600 width hardcoded, because that's the maximum size of L-thumb you'll get from the slider. No need to create larger images, that need to be rescaled again, but maybe (no idea if it has any influence on the size) we can see if the hight can be left out. The slider still works ;)

Only thing i can't find back in the code is the size of the thumbs that are left behind in the recording folder. Maybe @Sebastiii has an idea about this. They seem to be 1200x674 (which is twice the size of the normal thumb)

Last edited:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    i think is file used for make - resized thumb for MP thumbs

ShareTumb replace *_s.jpg to *.jpg directly

Code:
            // Use this for the working dir to be on the safe side
            string TempPath = Path.GetTempPath();
            string OutputThumb = string.Format("{0}_s{1}", Path.ChangeExtension(aVideoPath, null), ".jpg");
            string[COLOR=#ff0000] ShareThumb[/COLOR] = OutputThumb.Replace("_s.jpg", ".jpg");

Code:
          using (Settings xmlreader = new MPSettings())
          {
            PreviewColumns = xmlreader.GetValueAsInt("thumbnails", "tvthumbcols", 1);
            PreviewRows = xmlreader.GetValueAsInt("thumbnails", "tvthumbrows", 1);
            [COLOR=#ff0000]LeaveShareThumb[/COLOR] = xmlreader.GetValueAsBool("thumbnails", [COLOR=#ff0000]"tvrecordedsharepreview[/COLOR]", false);
            Log.Debug("VideoThumbCreator: Settings loaded - using {0} columns and {1} rows. Share thumb = {2}",
                      PreviewColumns, PreviewRows, LeaveShareThumb);
            NeedsConfigRefresh = false;

Last edited:

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don´t have tested it yet, but why i have to add the folder to my video folder ?

I use the Myvideo Plugin for my Movies .... i don´t want to use it also for Recordings ? No other way aviable ?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Read carefully :)
    When using RTSP for LiveTV Streaming on a Multi-seat setup, you won't get thumbs. The current mtn.exe isn't working with that either because of some limitations. We're already working on thumbnails on RTSP, and that's looking pretty good so far, but for now, either use UNC paths on a multi-seat setup (or you won't get thumbs) or add the recordings folder to the MyVideos folder. These are the only 2 ways to get thumbs working on a multi-seat setup, so that's needed if you want to test this ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom