Improved MediaPortal Thumbnailer (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelmo

Portal Pro
September 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
OK i missed the little or in the "how to". Since i ever use UNC paths i can test it without any big changes. Will report my findings

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Some development going on:

The team is now working on a thumbnail solution when using RTSP for LiveTV. Updated version can be found in the 2nd post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/improved-mediaportal-thumbnailer.113717/#post-930752

There is actually a better solution in testing, which relies on the TV server to generate the thumbs, and .net remoting to get them to the network clients. It works really nicely. We will have binaries here once 1.3.0 is done.

The solution in the above link won't be used, although to be fair it also works.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to clarify, any testing that is done will still be valuable with regard to whether thumbnail generation works well, fails or even crashes MediaPortal.

It doesn't matter to the thumbnailer whether the file is on the client or server, so when we provide a binary for the better solution, your testing will have helped.

Also, you may simply find that this is a nice interim solution to thumbnail generation for multiseat TV for your own use.

The new stuff has only been in development for a few days, so we just need a little more time before putting a binary out here.

Mark

AtTimesPerplexed

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2011
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    This is working for me almost;) perfectly.

In video shares view when a thumbnail is created it is left in the video directory, the setting in MPConfig for not leaving a thumbnail is ignored. It doesn't leave a thumbnail in the TV recording folder though.

Every now and then a file will fail (only 2 or 3 in the last week), but after clearing the blacklist and trying again it works. How long is a file blacklisted for, does it try again in a few hours or never?

IGNORE - Deselected "MPConfig>Gui>Enable file existence cache" and now it is working as expected.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Will the thumbnailer generation be done in such a way as to support scraping of images from fanart.tv imdb.com themoviedb.com thetvdb.com in the future. My little plugin does that, and it's nicer to have a thumbnail generated from either the fanart image scaled down or tvthumb from fanart.tv

Would love to see the thumbnailer generation by tvserber to support using webimages

This is what a tvthumb.jpg from fanart.tv looks like, it makes a better thumbnail than a screenshot
    S_79169%20(4).jpg

0_72227.jpg

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    This is working for me almost;) perfectly.

In video shares view when a thumbnail is created it is left in the video directory, the setting in MPConfig for not leaving a thumbnail is ignored. It doesn't leave a thumbnail in the TV recording folder though.

Every now and then a file will fail (only 2 or 3 in the last week), but after clearing the blacklist and trying again it works. How long is a file blacklisted for, does it try again in a few hours or never?

When it's blacklisted, it will never retry until we clean the blacklist db :)

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to use this one with 1.3B .... as this was wonderfully working on 1.3A

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom